Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
white plains show today
i went to the show and it was so nice. I have been there before but it has been a few years. i recently went to hamburg pa and it was SO crowded and hot in the building, i really think it's time for Hamburg to find a larger venue. WP was so clean and nice and so many beautiful animals there. i got some springtails which were great, there were a ton in there and they were active. the guy i got them from was super busy, so i did not get to ask him who he was, but he had a ton of feeder bugs and etc.. I found a male Azureus, and a very large Kritter keeper( qt tank) my friend found some baby sand boas, it was a really nice time. i saw a lot more frogs here than at hamburg. this frog( or toad?) was so big it could eat my dogs.
[Image: hugefrogatshow_zps2ddb6a50.jpg]
1.0.0 husband
1.1.0 horses
2.3.0 dogs
0.0.2 Gray tree frogs
0.3.0 Azureus
^African Bullfrog. Glad you had a good time. The shows are... different.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
i also saw some Mossy frogs( i am in love with them) and some purple antelopes toads/frogs. they were very reasonable priced by 2 different vendors.
1.0.0 husband
1.1.0 horses
2.3.0 dogs
0.0.2 Gray tree frogs
0.3.0 Azureus
a while back there was a reading show. it was air condtioned or felt like it and there was a lot of room for vendors and people didn't step on each other like hamburg. but the problem was it didn't have the crowds.
hamburg has been around so long that it seems that is the show to go to. but like you stated it has its problems.
glad you enjoyed the show.
Ok I have got to ask.....

I recently stopped by Cabalas on the way north to Boston. The entire time I was walking through Cabalas all I could think was...
Why is the biggest herp show on the East coast in the middle of nowhere?

I am in shock that the "best" show is held there.

-Byron
i believe it has a following bc it has always had venomous snakes, which many shows do not allow. and it's close to Philly, Close to NJ, so it's got a good following. and it's always packed. but that is why it bothers me. there is no breathing room. but White Plains is spaced out so much better.
1.0.0 husband
1.1.0 horses
2.3.0 dogs
0.0.2 Gray tree frogs
0.3.0 Azureus

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020