Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Wide angle lens for frogs!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wide angle lens for frogs!
[Image: c6e4c891-fbb9-bf8b.jpg][Image: c6e4c891-fbde-d3ea.jpg][Image: c6e4c891-fbf2-21e9.jpg]
Nice ! Let's see more shots with it !
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
[Image: zenazyja.jpg]
X-USSR manual focus fisheye?
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
[Image: zyze7a2e.jpg]

It's an arsat ultra-wide 30mm f3.5 for a mamiya 645, adapted to micro four thirds with an adapter. Great quality for very little $$. I hope to have time to take some better pictures with it soon.[Image: uneme9e2.jpg]

It looks best when it's used wide open.
Hi Blocker,

Any more pictures? Big Grin

K.
blocker institute Wrote:[Image: zyze7a2e.jpg]

It's an arsat ultra-wide 30mm f3.5 for a mamiya 645, adapted to micro four thirds with an adapter. Great quality for very little $$. I hope to have time to take some better pictures with it soon.[Image: uneme9e2.jpg]

It looks best when it's used wide open.

Would probably look even better if the shots were correctly exposed and focused, wouldn't you think?
Having nice equipment is awesome but knowing how to use it, is even more so.

And yes I just bumped a year old thread just to say that :lol:
serialced Wrote:Would probably look even better if the shots were correctly exposed and focused, wouldn't you think?

No, you just bumped a year old thread to be a total douchebag ...
edwardsatc Wrote:
serialced Wrote:Would probably look even better if the shots were correctly exposed and focused, wouldn't you think?

No, you just bumped a year old thread to be a total douchebag ...

So wait, people actually just post pics of their equipment here without (at first glance, and i'd really like to stress that one) knowing how to properly handle it and they should be immune to any form of criticism whatsoever?
My last line was sort of to make it clear that I already knew it was an iffy move but not with bad intentions...

When a similar thing happens when newbs get dart frogs, usually at least half the board is in some sort of rage mode after seeing some basic 'mistake' or when they just haven't informed themselves.

But I got the message Chief, lets all just drool over camera equipment and not care AT ALL how the pictures turn out because the main reason for getting pro gear is just to show it off, not take pictures lol.
In the spirit of your posts, you need to learn how to crop. I don't give two shits about OOF leaves.

serialced Wrote:Oophaga Pumilio 'Almirante'

Larger sized pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94877209@N ... otostream/
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
RichFrye Wrote:In the spirit of your posts, you need to learn how to crop. I don't give two shits about OOF leaves.

I like the composition as is but as you might have noticed, I included a link to larger and original size for all your cropping pleasures. Anyone want a more cropped version of a pic, they can always ask and I'll be more than willing to oblige.

Stating that I "need to learn how to crop" as if it were some mandatory or complicated learning process I still need to undergo before I can start taking decent pics, couldn't be farther from the truth.
And judging by what I've seen so far from your work, you probably know this a lot better than I do.

I dont think my post was offensive in any way and it certainly wasn't intended to be.
serialced Wrote:
RichFrye Wrote:In the spirit of your posts, you need to learn how to crop. I don't give two shits about OOF leaves.

I like the composition as is but as you might have noticed, I included a link to larger and original size for all your cropping pleasures. Anyone want a more cropped version of a pic, they can always ask and I'll be more than willing to oblige.

Stating that I "need to learn how to crop" as if it were some mandatory or complicated learning process I still need to undergo before I can start taking decent pics, couldn't be farther from the truth.
And judging by what I've seen so far from your work, you probably know this a lot better than I do.

I dont think my post was offensive in any way and it certainly wasn't intended to be.

Composition is subjective, but entering a pic vastly composed of OOF moss and leaves will not be winning you any contests... you probably know this a lot better than I do. :wink:
I agree that cropping is not that difficult, which is why I bring up the need to learn. But, it is 'mandatory' if you would like your eyes to eventually focus on anything worth being drawn to.
Carry on 'not being offensive' Cedric.

RichFrye Wrote:Composition is subjective, but entering a pic vastly composed of OOF moss and leaves will not be winning you any contests... you probably know this a lot better than I do. :wink:
I agree that cropping is not that difficult, which is why I bring up the need to learn. But, it is 'mandatory' if you would like your eyes to eventually focus on anything worth being drawn to.
Carry on 'not being offensive' Cedric.

I agree that cropping can and is often very important, of course.
Just liked this particular composition (indeed subjective but i think I know your opinion now lol, thanks for the subtly :p)
though in hindsight, it was indeed a bit too much bg and not a lot of frog.
On the crop i might have actually gotten too excited but meh, at least now theres a lot of frog Smile
And surely you'd agree that a shallow dof like in the pic i posted does just that, albeit in a different way. (and still too much bg, agreed)

I honestly wasnt trying to be offensive and will definitely try to be more subtle in that regard, I was just pointing out the obvious weirdness of showing that nice bit of kit, only to post very underexposed pics later on. Just thought it was a bit weird and probably should have been more careful with my wording.
Although I genuinely wouldnt see that as offensive, would you, had you posted the exact same pics?

But i digress, my bad if it came across in a way not intended, honestly.
Thanks for that last line of advice btw, at least we got a chuckle out of it i guess :wink:

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020