Dart Den

Full Version: Is this really a "Citronella" tinctorious ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

311_dart

Hey all, I was given a dart as a present recently and was told it was a Citronella. I am not sure what source this dart came from nor if it was correctly identified. Any response / recomendations would be helpful!

So, Guess that dart :oops:
Citronella ?

[Image: th_MyDart.jpg]
My guess: Female Citronella...

amphibianfreak

I don't think it is a cit. I have never seen a cit with spotted legs like that one does, cobalts usually have legs like that. I'm not prepared though to call it a cobalt.

amphibianfreak

Could you post a belly shot as well as a pic zoomed out a little?

311_dart

ill try to get a belly shot, im not too keen on how to get good pictures of these quick little guys.

Frogtofall

Its either a hybrid or a oddly patterned Cobalt. Looks a bit like a hybrid, or morph crossing.

amphibianfreak

Frogtofall Wrote:Its either a hybrid or a oddly patterned Cobalt. Looks a bit like a hybrid, or morph crossing.

My thoughts too

PGB

Belly shots would help considrably as well a shot from a bit of a distance, this being said I will jump on the hybrid boat and say it's a morph crossing of some sort. Were did you get it?

311_dart

sorry for the slow response, i am really not that good at taking dart pics. i took nice pictures on vacation in Japan, but cant snap a good one of a little frog! here are the best ones i could get. The belly is dark but spotted.

once i get another tank going i will get some more darts, but i guess i cant let this one breed bc its a hybrid, right?
Thanks for all the help!

[Image: th_MyDart2.jpg]
[Image: th_Citronella-3.jpg]

nyfrogs

it looks like a cobalt to me
Might want to check out color morph number 25.
http://www.tropical-experience.nl/tinct ... &submenu=0

311_dart

thanks for all the input!