Dart Den

Full Version: House temps too high and too low
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WhiteStripes

Hi I'm Brian, I'm 13.5 and an honor role student. I live in Connecticut and it can probably get to about 100 degrees in the summer and if it's bad below 0 but normally 30F in the winter. When it is cold out in the winter how will I handle the situation. The light probably won't be warm enough in the winter and the summer will be roasting the poor frogs. How can I stop this from happening. Thank you.
Hi Brian, Welcome.

What is the heating /cooling situation in your house? Do you have AC? Do the temps in the winter in your house , or wherever you will be keep the Darts , stay in the 60's or low 70's.

In answer to your other post, a twenty gal will house a pair of Darts nicely . If they start breeding you usually can sell or trade the offspring with a little work.

Beginner darts are plenty. I like terribilis myself but there are a good number of others. Do a few searches and lots of good info will be found.

Rich

WhiteStripes

My heating and cooling system is an AC and a radiator in my room.If I put the air conditioner on full blast it will be lower 50's. The heat in my house is usually 60-65 in the winter. For my frog I was thinking of either a terribilis,imitator, leucomelas, vittatus, galactonotus “Orange”.

I'm staying away from tincs for now until I get more experience and a terrestrial set up. These are the two links that I plan on getting my frogs.

Giving other websites and tips are appreciated.
Hi, I'd say you have no issues with heat or cold. Keep the viv below 80F in the summer and above 55F in the winter and you are fine.

Rich

jules77

just a newb here but I can imagine you can use a undertank heater to warm it a little in the winter, and if you have a water feature you could use an aquarium heater to warm the water and also the Viv. I have to say it is silly to ask a newb to post in other peoples threads prior to opening a new topic...
jules77,
Didn't catch your name....
No, you don't need a heater unless your in house temps are MUCH colder than most humans can tolerate. I am actually looking forward to some of my tanks being cooled down by the coming nicer temps of fall and winter. And , no it is not silly at all to ask people to do a search or to add previuosly started posts.
I can go into why again, (both topics) but it had been beaten to death really.

Rich

papsmurf

welcome jules77!

rumanic

I keep my house temp around 72F and the lights do the rest for me. This means however, air conditioning is needed in the summer and additional heat is needed in the winter.