Dart Den

Full Version: Book is Done! But, Need Help Finding a Good Publisher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good news. I have the book ready to publish.
Bad news . The publishing house I was hoping to go with decided to give bad info about the content size limits. In other words, I had planned to use CreateSpace , but my 160mb file is too big. 60mb too big. Even though before I started the project I asked specifically if there was any limit on the number of pictures I could use. Their email (they do not have any phone contact at all) stated there was no limit. Just pay-per-page...Bad info.
Anyway, I am looking for basically a low/zero out of pocket publisher that can print on demand. And it has to be able to accept 160mb worth of information. Something I would have thought any house would be able to accommodate, but am wrong about.
Any solid info would be appreciated. I have searched and would love some input from anybody who has been happy with a publisher in the past.

Thanks,
Rich
LULU
Philsuma Wrote:LULU

Looked into it . Used their "price calculator " and they say they want over twice the amount that Create wanted per book, my price. More than I had planned on selling the book for retail . Unless I am not using the calculator correctly...
Hey,

I work in graphics and design for a living and deal with printers and file prep all of the time. Rich, contact me at rob at rjmarchisi dot com and I should be able to get that file size down for you and formatted correctly.

rob
Problem solved. Thanks tons Rob!

Rich