Dart Den

Full Version: Different cirteria for different tinc morphs Auratus morphs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How should the viv conditions differ,ie temps,humidity and actual layout,for the different morphs of tinctorious? I believed they occupied the same niche this also applies to auratus with the caveat that i know that highland bronze come from altitude so would require cooler conditions? is this the case. I am told that because they have been kept in captivity for a while they don't require different temps is this correct? Personally i doubt it,eons of evolution over a few years doesn't add up to me
Thanks again
Stu
so does everyone in the us apply exactly the same criterai for all tinc and all auratus,there must be some fanatical breeders of both in the us,
Stu
auratus are Central American - dipping into northern Colombia

tinctorius are South American and more lowland - Amazon ect...I believe.

Different environments, but care / temps humidity ect, is very similar. I don't know anyone here in the U.S that makes any huge care parameter difference for the two.
Philsuma Wrote:auratus are Central American - dipping into northern Columbia

tinctorius are South American and more lowland - Amazon ect...I believe.

Different environments, but care / temps humidity ect, is very similar. I don't know anyone here in the U.S that makes any huge care parameter difference for the two.
always questing for detail eh mate,Phil are the columbian auratus available over there?
I wondered whether the likes of Mt achibakka Mt Lafummee should be kept cooler,partly this is not only about the actual viv set up but where in a rack is most suited for each species,as of course there is a temp differential heightwise.One of my biggest mistakes so far was factoring in 2 vivs for oneday histo/sylvs,only to realise that i popped these vivs up top when i built the rack,and they require cooler temps,and i had read this before that cockup...DOH
cheers Stu