Dart Den

Full Version: Poll - How many FF cultures do you make a week ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Poll - How many FF cultures do you make a week ?
15.....but pumilio and thumbnail tanks are crawling with springtails, and the big frogs get termites too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blocker institute Wrote:15.....but pumilio and thumbnail tanks are crawling with springtails, and the big frogs get termites too.

Did you vote - click the button ?

I thought it would be nice to get a little sampling of FF culturing quantities, especially since Allen R. is marketing his new media formula. It may help him a bit.
I make 4-5 every 2-3 weeks. ...Im lazy.
D3monic Wrote:I make 4-5 every 2-3 weeks. ...Im lazy.

I used to be that way til I had a FF crash...lol
I posted 1-2 a week but as the collection grows I will have to add a couple to that and maybe try to stager them so that I have some dying off while some are coming on or something.....All I know with the small collection I have right now it works but I am adding to the collection in what my wife would call "all the time"...LOL. If she only knew what is out there and how bad it could be....
I wouldn't stagger anything.....stick to a schedule and make 1-2 cultures on the same day of the week/ every week.

That probably the single most important advice I can give, actually. The fly cultures will act weird sometimes and production will vary, that way. But one thing is certain. If you skip a week or 2....you will have huge gaps in your production.
I generally make 2 every Sunday. I just started making 3 again this past week. 2 Turkish Gliders for my bigger frogs, and 1 melo to start getting a steady supply up for my hopeful first froglet.
I do 2 Melos every other Monday and 2 Buzzati and 2 Hydei Every Monday.
Hmmm...at first, it looked like a lot of members with just one or two frogs or tanks were voting in, but now it's a very even result of small quantities thru larger operations.

Interesting.
We normally run at least 10 a week.
60/ week....

sometimes an extra 20 for good measure...

S
I am at 6 per week

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.407022,-82.347700
I usually run 70 wingless weekly.
I'm at 40/week now.