Dart Den

Full Version: Ranitomeya Uakarii Calling HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has taken forever to sucessfully get a shot of these guys calling. Especially because of how short lived the call is. I had repeated failed attempts to get a good shot due to foliage so today I did some pruning. Unfortunatly they got interupted by the airconditioning turning on. I had to edit that out....mainly because I let out a stream of curses. :mrgreen:

You will want to turn the volume all the way up if you actually want to hear them

[youtube]qQ5wRJVB0PI?hd=1[/youtube]
Amazing footage, so very crisp and clear. I have always really liked these frogs, I'm surprised you don't see them offered very often. How do they compare in size to your retics?
To give you and idea of how quiet they are, they are about the same volume as retics calling. At the end of the video that loud tic is the thermostate on the otherside of the house tripping on.
boombotty Wrote:Amazing footage, so very crisp and clear. I have always really liked these frogs, I'm surprised you don't see them offered very often. How do they compare in size to your retics?

Hmm....maybe double their size? I would put them in the Mid sized range for Ranitomeya. Bigger than retics but smaller than the majority of Ranitomeya typically offered in the hobby.
Great video. These guys look awesome.