Dart Den

Full Version: Messed up R. Imitator embryo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I pulled these eggs on 6.01. I started taking pictures on Day 3 of the decomposing egg (gross, but I like documenting many things LOL).
Anyhow, Everything looked FINE with the one embryo until now. I took a picture this morning, and I guess I can see SOMETHING was going wrong with development, but something is NOT right here.
Here's the picture from 6.5 and this morning first-
[Image: decomposingeggday5edit.jpg]
6.06.2011am
[Image: decomposingeggday6edit.jpg]
Any idea what is going on? I'm sure that this guy isn't going to make it. It wiggles around fine, but it's really screwed up!
6.06.2011- 8:35pm
[Image: decomposingeggday61edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday63edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday64edit.jpg]
weird...may still develop ok though. lol, looks like someone cracked the yolk Wink
LOL. I guess we will see! It's just really weird how fast this thing developed on it!
It seems like the "growth" is breaking off.
[Image: decomposingeggday72edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday7edit.jpg]
All the stuff is now separated from the embryo. This morning the egg was cloudy, now all the particles are looking solid. Weird. I guess no one else has ever seen this?
[Image: decomposingeggday8edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday82edit.jpg]
snow globe comes to mind.
Yes it does!
The tad hatched on the 12th. I just euthanized it. Part of it's internal organs were coming out it's backside, and you can clearly see an air bubble in it's body cavity.
[Image: tadpoleday5-euthanized2edit.jpg]
[Image: tadpoleday5-euthanizededit.jpg]