Dart Den

Full Version: Creating the micro jungle!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello once again,

the other thing I would like to know is about the the setup. How long does it usually take until the plants lived in and the microclimate is settled? When I still kept my birdspiders it was a real challenge to get the right attributes, without having the terrarium too moisty but moisty enought for the spider. My plants were usually living quite long, but I didn't made a living in procedure for them unfortunately. I'm planning to go for only a few type of plants, to avoid over decorating my vivarium, so can you kindly suggest a few easy to obtain and plant flowers?
The quick and easy answer is for you to go to a local Greenhouse or plant nursery and ask them for their selection of "Terrarium friendly" plants. Plants that stay small and do well in glass enclosed, humid environments.
That being said, how long does it usually take until the plants are living in, so I don't have to be affraid about infections or the plant dying?
impossible to say how hardy or strong any given plant will be in your particular system / conditons.....you are going to have to just buy a few plants...plant them, and see.
They say practice makes perfect. Will keep you updated! Smile