Dart Den

Full Version: My Imitator 'Veradero' froglets - pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is some pictures I took today while I transfered to the new grow out tank. I even had to chase one around the front room. Man for such little guys they are fast.

[Image: DSCN3869.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3845.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3847.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3852.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3853.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3857.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3836.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3838.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3840.jpg]

This is just a few of them.....

Thanks for looking.
Cool...they are so variable. More so than other imitators, IMO.
Yea they are, not one of the 13 look exactly alike....Some have more orange some more blue. I really like the fact the pattern is unique to each frog. Make I.D'ing them much easier.
Good looking froglets, I really like the "high orange" ones in your pics. I bet that does make id'ing them easy with having that much diversity. Do you keep your breeders as a pair?
boom booty Wrote:Good looking froglets, I really like the "high orange" ones in your pics. I bet that does make adding them easy with having that much diversity. Do you keep your breeders as a pair?

Thanks Scott.... Yea the couple high orange ones are pretty for sure.....

I actually have a trio in my 60g cube which houses my breeding "pair"/"trio" used to be a group of 5. But found a second pair in the group and moved them to thier own viv. I am not 100% on wither he is actually mating with the second female or not. I have seen all three in the same brom axles from time to time but nothing I can say for sure that he is breeding with both.....Kinda dubbed him Charlie after Charlie Sheen.
Those are nice looking frogs!
Thanks Cindy...
Maybe those could pass as the poor mans benedicta??
Cindy Dicken Wrote:Maybe those could pass as the poor mans benedicta??

Honestly I am not a big fan of benedicta, maybe I would have to see them in person but from photos they don't really do anything for me.......

Hard to beat the colors of varadero.....Looks like a old hot rod flame paint job. If I had a hot rod I would paint it simular to a varadero.
Yeah, hot rods or bikes with flames!!!!!!

Sorry to derail your thread :oops:

Now back to the beautiful varaderos!
LOL....No worries. Well worth it.
Oh, wow! These are beautiful frogs. What kind are they? I've seen them before, but I can't remember the name right now. I'd love to have some. They were moderately expensive as I recall.
From Girl Wrote:Oh, wow! These are beautiful frogs. What kind are they? I've seen them before, but I can't remember the name right now. I'd love to have some. They were moderately expensive as I recall.

Hey Frog Girl

They are R. imitator 'varadero' they are not to expensive compared to what they were.....I bought the original 5 for $125 a frog and they have come down quite a bit depending where you go.....I have seen them as low as $70 now.