Dart Den

Full Version: What tinc morph is this ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i have a stunning pic of a tinc infront of me page 554 of Lotters et al..Poison frogs...superb book.it comes from estado ampa Brazil,so i guess not available in the hobby,but i would love a morph name and any info..Its blue,with orange and blue legs and the front part of the head is orange,this is the only pic i have ever seen of this amazing frog so more would be very cool. the blue has the odd spot similar to azzie is lighter on the neck and darkens towards the rear i think ,it could be lighting.
From photos alone it is unquestionably my most desired tinc,beautiful,
any help gratefully excepted.

thanks in advance
Stu
ps i can't copy the photo of course copyright!!! it was taken by E. Bernard
I know which one you are talking about, it is not in the hobby. I forgot the morph name
It's rumoured to be an actual medium sized, established population and not an aberration.

There's so many other Tinc morphs as well as little brown frogs to choose from Stu ! Don't be swayed by the lovely curtains. Heh.
Philsuma Wrote:It's rumoured to be an actual medium sized, established population and not an aberration.

There's so many other Tinc morphs as well as little brown frogs to choose from Stu ! Don't be swayed by the lovely curtains. Heh.
DT thanks for the reply
Phil do you know of a morph name? Oh i know mate stuff just grabs me,/Shaz ha we have some brown guys,its not just the colours,we also love the kunayala auratus,its much desired here,something just draws us to cirtain morphs of cirtain frogs i guess,and we adore our tincs mate,with our citrons its the fact that they come to us(yeah i know gluttons) but its still so cool that when we come into the room they comeout and sit at the front of the viv,moreso now than the colour, i love the understated colours of auratus not so blousey as tincs. Initally though its always gonna be appearance that draws ya to a frog,especially when you don't always get to spend lots of time with them before actually keeping. We are actually going through all our desired frogs at the moment,as i have a viv standing ready to background and we want to work out whom is going to occupy it so we can try to build to them, i need to get plants in before winter hits...desisions ...desisions Big Grin
Stu
Only name I've ever heard was 'Peacock'

[Image: 8vyt7d.jpg]
OMG that is an amazing looking frog.
Theres some amazing frogs that either are never seen anymore, or completely illegal. My personal favs are the peacock tinc, the koi galactonus, and the white footed sylvatica.