Dart Den

Full Version: Bought my first rack!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked up my first rack from menards today. Definitely a great investment.
Next up, a little clip on fan that phil always recommends to everyone
=)

Here it is!

[Image: IMG_0146.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0145.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0143.jpg]
One suggestion. Add some 1/2" to 3/4 thick plywood to the rack. Vivs can get heavy, it adds some support to the wire.
I spray-painted mine the rack black so it matches a little better.
Derek
thanks for the suggestion! i may actually do that. The rack is rated for 350lbs a shelf but i suppose better safe than sorry. lol!

I cant imagine that tank weighing more than 100lbs though. I lifted it up there pretty easily lol
Then you don't get the ventilation ability that makes the Baker's rack a ...well.....a...baker's rack to begin with.

Weight Schmeight.....A rack or two of mine sagged a bit in the middle when I had some deep false bottoms going but meh....no worries.
I think the extra $11.50 for wheels was a great investment as well. Next time i bring the shop vac down ill be able to roll it out away from the wall. Makes for easy cleaning.
Tools for taming even the most cantankerous baker's rack:

1. Rubber mallet
2. Bubble level on yardstick
3. Black electrical tape
What's the tape for?

Sean
tape is for 'setting' those sucky collars that always seem to upsnap and jump off the bars before you can get all 4 of em just right and get a shelf on em' before they slide.
Ahhh!!! I have worked in restaurants for 20 odd years....

I have built a thousand of those things... Never thought if using the tape. Oh the rage I could have saved. Wink

Sean
Philsuma Wrote:tape is for 'setting' those sucky collars that always seem to upsnap and jump off the bars before you can get all 4 of em just right and get a shelf on em' before they slide.

Confusedhock:

Wish you'd have said this about four racks ago :mrgreen:
Tis a scarey thing experience
Phil ,dude!!!!!! you getting old on us Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
Stu
You're not kiddin' kiddo.......the other day, I sneezed really hard a couple times and it felt like I almost threw out me' back.
Philsuma Wrote:You're not kiddin' kiddo.......the other day, I sneezed really hard a couple times and it felt like I almost threw out me' back.

lol.. You know you're really getting old when somebody ELSE sneezes hard and your back hurts :-)
Philsuma Wrote:You're not kiddin' kiddo.......the other day, I sneezed really hard a couple times and it felt like I almost threw out me' back.
:lol: ahh man you're still able to sneeze :roll: ,lucky bugger
Stu

Ps Chuck shhhhh :lol: :lol:
Kevin cool rack man,one day i'm going to get you guys converted to the dark side sorry for the interuption :oops:
Haha sorry stu i dont follow. What do you mean by dark side? What do you guys use?

oh btw, i bought a 2nd rack =)