Dart Den

Full Version: Hyloxalus Azureiventris Viv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished building a 24x18x18 ExoTerra for a 3.1 group of Hyloxalus Azureiventris... I can't wait for these guys to arrive!!!

I'm working on building a rockpile hide tonight... Unfortunately, I didn't take any progress photos.

-Christian

[Image: 9u7yquna.jpg]

[Image: uhyby7av.jpg]
Good luck with that species. I had them but never had a sexed pair, it seems They are WAY male heavy on the East Coast despite quite a few different people working with them. There are a boom-bust species that seem to be hard to find at most times. Wonderful call.
Their call is what attracted me to them Smile

Fortunately, I am getting a proven group! Wink
Christian, nice looking viv!!! So is that a stream I'm seeing appearing out of nowhere in the viv? Perhaps it's just the photos but the stream appears to be speckled with something yellow, what is that? What did you use for your background construction?
It seems to me from everything I've read that H. azureiventris is always male heavy for some reason.
Very cool!
Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:Christian, nice looking viv!!! So is that a stream I'm seeing appearing out of nowhere in the viv?

It sure is Smile.

Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:Perhaps it's just the photos but the stream appears to be speckled with something yellow, what is that?

I'm not sure exactly what color the stream is... I am pretty color blind :|
According to petco, the gravel I siliconed to the waterfall is "Aztec Bronze".

Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:What did you use for your background construction?

I used ABG from Josh's siliconed to the background along with some cork chunks.

Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:It seems to me from everything I've read that H. azureiventris is always male heavy for some reason.

This is the reason I jumped on the deal... The group is proven. I'm going to try raising tads in a lower temperature to try and produce a higher ratio of females.
Added the rock piles and a few plants... I will be adding some oak-leaf ficus and leaf litter for finishing touches... Then it's on to play the waiting game Wink

[Image: usu3unup.jpg]

[Image: de4y3u7y.jpg]