Dart Den

Full Version: What to put in my new tank?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zoojosh

Ok i have a 125 gallon tank. I will have to post pictures soon but this is what i have in it. I have a running waterfall, stream and small pool at the base of it. I have a number of bromeliads along with a variety of other plants. I have 2 Leucomelas and 1 Tinc for now but I want to add more to it. I would definately like an Azureus but I am wondering how many frogs I should keep in there, what kinds go well together and how many of each species? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, the tanks dimensions are 72" long x 18" deep x 24" tall and I have 2 compact flourescent lights on top for the plants.
Thanks,
Josh Big Grin

PGB

first off the tank sounds great I cant wait to see a pic!

but to the main point....

mixing species is a bad idea point blank. the reason for this is hybridization the hobby has no room for hybrids and I personally feel it unethical to produce hybrids. a colony of 8 leuc's would look awsome in such a tank they are active bold and have a great call. please don't take offence I'm not trying to be rude but it's a common feeling throughout the hobby. do a search on this forum or any other and you will see long treads one mixing

take it easy