Dart Den

Full Version: Used Zoomed tanks - value ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have found someone with a few Zoomed tanks, 3 of the 18x18x24. They have broken locks and some warping of the lids. He is selling them for $12. He also has an 18x18x18 in better condition for $10. So what would be your recommendations around size and price?

Thank you,

Mark
$12 is a steal, if the doors will open and close.
Yes take advantage of that and buy all 4. Unless it is something that can't be fixed and allows the frogs to escape.
Went and picked up a 18x18x24 Zoomed. They had MANY tanks to choose from so I was able to find one in good shape. No warping as I described. It needs to be cleaned out well but it should look like new when I am done. SOunds like he has had his ad up for awhile with no takers so I should be able to buy from him again no problem should I really get into this. So I have the tank and some Malaysian driftwood. I found a 6lb lot for 20 bucks which seemed like a good deal. Slowly getting the things I need.
FWIW I just remove the top screen and frame and replace with cut glass siliconed in place with a custom front screen vent. I have read other posts where people have contacted Zoomed to obtain a lock replacement/repair kit, though none of my three Zoomed locks have failed [yet]. So I'd pick up a few more and stick them in your garage for when you inevitably expand your collection Wink
markm Wrote:I have found someone with a few Zoomed tanks, 3 of the 18x18x24. They have broken locks and some warping of the lids. He is selling them for $12. He also has an 18x18x18 in better condition for $10. So what would be your recommendations around size and price?

Thank you,

Mark

Wow what a deal, you should go and buy another, even if it takes 6-12 mos before you have time to setup, your unlikely to find that cheap price again.