Dart Den

Full Version: help identifying plant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 20140622_111105_zpstd6ykcmv.jpg]
Can anyone identify this plant for me ?
Tillandsia
Anyone have any tips on gettin this too grow it has turned brown it was green at one point what can I do to help this plant grow?
move it up higher in the vivarium and keep it from getting wet. Likes humidity but hates being wet.
Ok awesome... its as high as it cen be ill stop wetting it I didnt know ill up date in a week

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Ok so I think ive killed this plant.. I stopped watering it to see if the plant would dry up. It used to be green but now it is brown and droopy. Since I stopped watering it it has been growing white fuzz ... is there a technique to get this plant back ? I had a problem with my silver skies before I chopped it all up and now its finally growing back some leaves.
Dry it out. Keep it in bright light but outside viv until dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
I dont have any bright light.. but I rolled it into a paper towel to help soak up any water.. then I put it in my wifes bamboo shoots where it wont get any water.. hopefully it will try out in a couple of days I can always try to wrap it in paper towels tomorrow and see how that works.
The plant is drying still a bit wet.. its leaves are falling off ... is there a possible recovery?
Airplants are delicate. That one is doomed. Good news is that they are not expensive.
Got some new airplants plan to try this again.. all I have to do is not get them wet Smile should I pull it out of the viv when misting?
Yeah, pull them out or mist around them. I really don't know too many people that have them in vivs. They are not easy to get the right conditions.