Dart Den

Full Version: Learn from my mistakes with LEDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first use of LED lights for my vivs was using cheap LED floodlights. They did an OK job of lighting up the vids, but I wasn't getting much, if any, plant growth with them (probably wrong spectrum).

After that failure, I tried using one of those red/blue LED panels used for indoor gardening. I'm sure the plants loved that light, but I had to get rid of it because my frogs would hide from it. As soon as I turned it off, my frogs came out of hiding.

Now I use LED "bulbs" from Josh's Frogs. I use one bulb for my 12x12 vivs, two for my 18x18 vivs, and four for my 36x18.
I just wanted to update my post to plug Josh's Frogs LED bulbs. It's been a little over 3 months and I'm getting a lot of vegetative growth from my broms, pothos, tropical ferns, orchids, begonias, etc.
Specific model? Wattage?
Philsuma Wrote:Specific model? Wattage?

Josh's Frogs Green Gro LED Bulb (13 Watt) - $27.99

[Image: green_grow_front_view_josh_s_frogs.jpg]
I am seriously intrested in getting these but not sure how many I would need for a thirty gallon horizontal would two be enough or do you think I would need four? They seem pretty dang bright
Call Todd Goode at lightyourReptiles.com

He is usually very happy to talk lighting.
Awesome thanks phil Smile