Dart Den

Full Version: 110 gallon paludarium build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I found this awesome deal on a 110 gallon aquarium, 48x18x30", and decided to build a paludarium with it. I have already drilled holes in it for drain/ return. I also went ahead and started on the background. I'll post pictures tmw of what I have so far
Okay, files are to large so going to work on making them smaller so I can post tonight
Here are a few photos
I finished the aquatic side which was quite the battle having a steep slope and ended up with this. I'll start planting the aquatic part today as well. My goal is to simulate a "dry" and a "wet" season by always having different water heights.
rcteem Wrote:I finished the aquatic side which was quite the battle having a steep slope and ended up with this.
Looks great! How did you manage to maintain the steep slope?
I did the clay balls in small bags
Good idea and nice tank!
Thank you Smile
So my p;lan is to make this a seasonal paludarium and made sure the aquatic plants I use could grow fine out of the water too...Here is what I have now.
Looks good Chris! Somehow I am envisioning brackish water and fiddler crabs and 'skippers.
maybe cause of the sand? This will house killiefish, tetras, and maybe some apistos but doubtful. As far as land animals Im undecided
Updated shoot of how the tank is already growing in nicely!!! Ignore the potted plants.
Beautiful! Have you been cycling the water depth like you planned? Looks great!
joneill809 Wrote:Beautiful! Have you been cycling the water depth like you planned? Looks great!

This tank is only a month old and will start lowering the water in about two-three months after the aquatic plants get more established
Here is the two month photo
Here is a video of the paludarium that I shot last night. Sorry in advance as I was playing around with the new DSLR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jz86E1CME
Very cool Chris. I love hatchetfish. What are those albino or pencil thin catfish type fish?
That is awesome Smile
Philsuma Wrote:Very cool Chris. I love hatchetfish. What are those albino or pencil thin catfish type fish?

those are albino royal farlowellas
Pages: 1 2