Dart Den

Full Version: How I make Temporary Tanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=464][attachment=464]These are temp tanks and grow-out tanks, not Q-tine tanks.
More pics
Size - I use a medium size enclosure @ 14" long and 12 " high. Hard plastic 'Clear vue' from China. This size had long be discontinued, probably due to being hard to ship and replace in a smaller 'medium' size of the size type only smaller.

A 'not large' enclosure is key to the single or possibly double occupant finding food easily. Especially springtails.
Do the lids come with built in ventilation or do you create your own? Would you suggest all froglets/juveniles go into a temp tank before going into the main vivarium? Would it be a problem adding 4-5 teribillis froglets to a 40 gallon tank?
(12-29-2020, 01:54 PM)vargoje3 Wrote: [ -> ]Do the lids come with built in ventilation or do you create your own? Would you suggest all froglets/juveniles go into a temp tank before going into the main vivarium? Would it be a problem adding 4-5 teribillis froglets to a 40 gallon tank?

The lids do indeed come with good ventilation on both ends. Nothing in the center which I really like. I would stop at 4 terriblilis at that size tank. You can also temp tank or even quarantine ANY newly acquired frog, but any frogs I get CB and from trusted peopleĀ  - go right into the forever home tank. No worries either way.
If ANYONE can get these medium or Large clear vue Chinese plastic carriers - PLEASE contact me!

Reward!!! seriously. I need em.
put a BLACK film can in every corner! SO important.
Looks interesting - they don't seem to be available any longer? At least online at that link. Have you picked any up recently?
They are undoubtably Chinese manufactured and you have to depend on the shipping. They become available for a while then disappear.

A GREAT feature is the slatted holes on both sides of the lid - allows for stacking and still having ventilation and the slats don't allow the flies to get out!

Genius design.