Update on Bill Schwinn and auction items !

News, Announcements and Community Messages. Contests.
Rusty_Shackleford

Re: Update on Bill Schwinn and auction items !

Postby Rusty_Shackleford » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Awww dude why didn't you say anything. I would have gladly posted a bid for you.
Jon - Ft. Myers, FL
Help stop the spread of Chytrid! Disinfect your waste water before disposing of it and double bag all solid wastes please!!

frogface

Postby frogface » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:14 am

I don't think bidding for other people is a good idea. Why didn't you just bid on it? You still have your keys to the washroom over there :p
Do you know where your frogs have been?

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 am

It's over now....I'll still maintain this 'Bill thread" here and do what I can. No worries. It looks the entire community has helped out immensely. Makes me proud, I can tell you that.

wohlerswi

Postby wohlerswi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:13 pm

KGB- Ill throw out $100 on the imitators. Bill needs our help.....man what else can we do?

Ill go through the frog room when I get back into town on Monday and see what I can come up with. I also have a very large acrylic euro style viv Ill part with for Bill. When I get back Ill post details and pics about it. It is around 100 gallons.
Will

Bill Schwinn

Postby Bill Schwinn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 am

I am stopping by to say thank you to everyone for the wellwishes and offers of help, Bill

frogface

Postby frogface » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Update: Bill has been in ICU since Friday, on a ventilator. Lots of phone calling and emailing but we've gotten his animals sorted out with various sitters. Lots of critters!

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for the update Kris. Glad you are stepping up and taking care of the animals. Tremendous in my book.

frogface

Postby frogface » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I don't want to take all the credit. There is a small handful of people who are working furiously to get this done for Bill and the animals. I'm just the noisiest one. :wink:

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Kris...I met Bill in 2008 at the Orlando Reptile show. We talked for a bit and I must say, he looked ok. We spoke again by phone several times, lately as of 2010 and although he did mention 'health issues' , he sounded....good, as well.

If you feel comfortable, can you tell me (us) what the actual medical problem is....in a general, or however method, you can ?

frogface

Postby frogface » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Asthma, COPD, CHF, as far as I know. He is on 24/7 oxygen, when he is not in the hospital, and now is on a ventilator with his O2 levels still low. According to his sister, they tried to wean him from the ventilator but he didn't wake and his O2 continued to drop. They had to put him back under and put him on a propopol drip.

There will be updates posted to Bill's facebook wall from the sister. I don't have the address but he can probably be found through contacts on FB.

frogface

Postby frogface » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Bill is off the ventilator and was able to speak with his sister briefly by phone. :D

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 am

Kris, are you coordinating all this from NC or are you in Florida ?

frogface

Postby frogface » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 am

It's being coorinated from Ohio, NC, TN, and, Florida. All in emails and phone calls. Not easy!!

frogface

Postby frogface » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:37 am

Phil, if you have any people in Fl, please have them call or email Dan Craft. We still need volunteers to help clear out and clean.

A message from Dan Craft.
Folks

A few of you may know me from years past. Anyway, I will be driving the bus so to speak on the renovation project happening on Bills house this weekend. I figured I would post this in a few places if folks want to help. I will be in town 15-18 Sept but will only be avail part of the day on the 15th as I also have a wedding to attend. We are starting at 0800 15 Sept-16 Sept and will play the 17th by ear....hope to be done by the 17th.. All the indoor animals have been removed to temp homes so most of this is cleanup and construction.. Work to be accomplished is below and tools to accomplish the task would be much appreciated.

Carpet removal, Painting, clean-up, lots of moving stuff around. House is fairly tidy, but the maint has been neglected due to health.

Yard, a dead tree needs to be removed, trees cut back, bushes trimmed, garbage picked up, vines cut back, yard cut, maybe some turtle pen fence repair.

We are turning his garage into a modernized reptile room. As of right now we have a construction crew coming in to accomplish this but we will need to expedite the removal of all his caging after the roll up door comes down and prior to a new wall going up. This may require a team effort.

Could use a few folks to clean cages..again the animals were all removed but the caging is all still dirty.

My contact info is below, E-mail is best but I can talk on the phone after 4pm Central time
Dan Craft
Reptiledan@gmail.com
850-797-3363

petifores

Postby petifores » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello,
This is my very first post here as I am a new member as of today.This is very sad to read. :(
I have an albino red eye tree frog from Bill . I was in touch with him via email earlier this spring regarding his plans to breed xanthic red eyes; but we sort of lost touch with each other. So , sadly, this explains why. My thoughts and prayers are with him. Lynn

Return to “News from the Den.”