BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Introduce yourself to the members. Any general Announcements.
ems1016

BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Postby ems1016 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:26 pm

After spending a total of 8 weeks at Sloan-Kettering in NYC on a clinical cancer trial drug, I am pleased to be able to report that my thyroid cancer is under control. I was given a year, but now prognosis is 3-4 years and then another of the same. I'M BACK! My goal is to outlive Rich Frye! Lol!

I need to thank Craig Breon for all his support, use of his garage and basement these past many months in helping me to sell off everything. Thank you, Philsuma, for helping me move everything to Craig's (I do hope he's forgiven you by now; lol).

Because my treatment took so long and I was absent so much, my law firm fired me after having (1) worked there for 17 years and (2) recovered a $1 million judgment in Federal District Court for them for a doctor against a hospital. Of course, no reason was given why I was terminated. I have not seriously looked for employment, since I remain fatigued from the treatments, but will be back in full swing soon.

Out of all my frogs, I miss my first one most of all---my Patricia "Samantha." Since I don't have all that much energy, I was thinking of getting back into the hobby with three pairs of terribilis (mint, orange and golden)---so I wouldn't be necessarily dependent on always raising FFs. I'd like to do one large long tank (55 gallon or 40 gallon breeder) split in three separate sections to not mix these frogs. What do you think? I build my own vivariums with waterfalls, lighting etc., so I'd like to put a reasonable amount of time in one tank rather than hurriedly try to build three.

Eddie

Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Postby Philsuma » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Welcome back Ed ! So good to see you.

~P

pa.walt

Postby pa.walt » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Like Phil said, welcome back.

joneill809
Site Admin

Postby joneill809 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:35 am

Glad to have you back!
Jim from Austin please contact me if you are willing to trade offspring from:
lorenzo - schwinn line|NAIB true sips|fantastica nominant
http://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/

BcsTx

Postby BcsTx » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:12 am

Welcome back Ed!
-Beth

ems1016

Postby ems1016 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:16 am

Great to be back! Missed you all! Froggers are the best people!

Ed

Stu&Shaz

Postby Stu&Shaz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Ed, humble aoplogies for this post I feel almost rude I don't think we have ever spoken,but hey, froggers huh(oh, i'm not one of those best just a lunatic who adores these colourful little wonders), ya just got a welcome back from blighty.

Mate all kudos.I'm appalled by your law firm but admire your tenacity. I feel what your doing is a wonderful move : animals help us mend I feel. I've just come in from a hard day, raging, rare for me.... 4 little red frog beach kids said hey dad the minute I spoke to them,crawling out from all over,upon opening the door one bounced from the back of the viv to under my nose,the world's ok again now,ok I know dad brings food but what a joy they are.

I wish you all the luck in the world in your next endevor............... man triple terribs calling full bore from one cracking viv,oh that is going to be very special, somewhat loud maybe,but very special!
I wish you well good sir and all the luck on all fronts

Stu

'ere ps Phil Craig,just awesome ,in the REAL sense of the world!!

ems1016

Postby ems1016 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Stu:

Thank you so much for the time you've taken to post your message. You've always been one of my favorite members; I used to read all of your posts (I have much catching up to do). I've always found your enthusiasm for this hobby quite contagious and your knowledge, which you so generously shared with all of us, was always valuable and welcomed.

Yes, building the vivarium is a good thing for me mentally. I am so fatigued from the clinical drug that I have been sleeping 18 to 20 hours a day. Honestly, I seem to fatigue to search for employment as diligently as I should. It is going to be interesting to see if there is another employer out there who is willing to hire a sixty-year-old guy with fourth stage cancer. One day at a time.

Ed

Stu&Shaz

Postby Stu&Shaz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Hiya Ed, think nothing of it kiddo as I said I admire the tenacity,my privilege!.

Buddy if this is real hard, to read....my apologies, the letters are really messing with me it seems.
Eddie ,maybe life should be before the thought's of work. Hmm grafting too hard very nearly was the death of me a few years back,I appreciate what can happen when one's body simply says no more,but It does give one a wake up call as to how precious our time here is. I think this will be incredibly good for you Ed.

I'm bewildered by these frogs Ed,I guess it's contagious,but I've no idea how it get's conveyed by this media,ha more bewilderment. I'm really looking forwards to see what you do though Ed. Spare no effort push you're self,Iknow easy to say mate,but it's with that absorbtion ,that these little fellas mend us.

I'd hire ya mate, there is a place and a firm for a special guy with your knowledge,but first you not work

keep well kiddo

Stu

Return to “Introductions and Announcements”