What is "Frog Flipping" ?

General Dart Frog Questions and Comments. Care and Husbandry
MichiganExotics

Re: What is "Frog Flipping" ?

Postby MichiganExotics » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:55 am

Thanks for your input KGB I’ll let you know if I need any additional opinions on this.. just sayin"g"

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Time for another bump of just what 'Flipping' is and how it is 100% bad for the hobby, the animals and ultimately the buyer.

Jobbing is another term that is almost synonymous with flipping - bad also, for the most part.

Taking the time to q-tine, medicate, observe,sex ect = NOT a flipper. Re-selling is not bad when those extra steps are taken.

Get it in and get it out the door = flipping.

Does everyone understand ?

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Philsuma wrote:Resellers should:

1. Accurately represent the animal, i.e it's acquired stock and NOT produced by them.

2. Quarantine and ensure that the animal is feeding and healthy - @ 40 days is being thrown out there and I can't disagree with that amount of time.

3. Provide stellar customer service and give back to the community and hobby. WE ALL know strip-mining and take, take, take $$$ when we see it.

No one is faulting anyone who wants to earn. Profit is good and helps drive, move the hobby forward and provide more and better care.

"Flipper" is a derisive hobby term that only gets applied to the bottom feeders - the 20% or so...the worst. It's a relatively new term but I'm hoping it catches on and provides a decent amount of shame for those who are truly worthy of it's label.

Some Re-sellers can be ok.They are re-selling the animals.
Some Jobbers can be ok and we can call them Jobbers.
Some Importers can be ok and we can refer to them as importers.

Some of those are NOT ok...and we call them....'Flippers'.

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:39 am

A HOT Topic, even back in the day...

Question...

Are people flipping the HIGH end obligates???

markpulawski

Postby markpulawski » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 am

I would say no, I think several folks dumped their old questionable lines and some of those morphs had a decent drop in price but all in all due to the cost and the rarity these would not be thrown into the flipping category, of course there is always the exception with the rare instance of someone acquiring a collection and dumping part of it. A lot of these frogs are still pretty scarce but now that there are legal imports at least we know who many of the keepers are. If they reproduced like Auratus I think they would eventually end up as flipping candidates but for now as supply and demand goes I don't see these frogs ever becoming a Kingsnake jobber product.

Return to “General Questions and Comments”