Leucomelas 1st clutch

Eggs, Tadpoles, Froglets
JayMillz

Leucomelas 1st clutch

Postby JayMillz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 pm

There have been four frogs housed in a 72 gallon bowfront for 13 months. They were probably 6 months old when I got them. I just found the first clutch today. I hope they make it. I think the leucomelas froglets look so cool. This would also be successful group #3 for me. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. There was 7 eggs to this clutch. How many eggs have you found from 1 female?
uploadfromtaptalk1406084125751.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1406084125751.jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Josh

Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: Leucomelas 1st clutch

Postby Philsuma » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:41 am

They can pop out some big numbers, especially when just starting sexual maturity. I have had over ten a few times.

DianeCarter

Postby DianeCarter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Congrats, Josh!
It's especially exciting when you get a different group to produce eggs, isn't it?
Pumilio bastimentos, R. benedictas, P. Terribilis orange, R. Imitator Cainarachi Valley, D. Leucomelas, D. Auratus, D. Azureus, P. vittatus, D. cobalts, D.Oyapok, Bombina Orientalis

JayMillz

Postby JayMillz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:40 pm

DianeCarter wrote:Congrats, Josh!
It's especially exciting when you get a different group to produce eggs, isn't it?

Yeah it is! I have 4 tads in the water now and they laid a 2nd clutch but it isn't looking like it will be good. They will figure it out over time. I found a tiny and unexpected terrib froglet in another viv and got a visual on 2 more tadpoles in a brom as well. Its a fun surprise to find the little guys for the first time in a viv as well. The imitators are so tiny when they morph out! It makes me want to get some small Oophaga someday but im maxed out for space in the house at least until next summer so I dont see that happening soon. Here's a couple week oow imitator. Image
Josh

Return to “Breeding - Eggs, Tadpoles, Froglets”