Possible courting?

R. abdita - R. altobueyensis - R. amazonica - R. biolat - R. bombetes - R. claudiae - R. cyanovittata - R. daleswansoni - R. defleri - R. dorisswansonae - R. duellmani - R. fantastica - R. flavovittata - R. fulgurita - R. ignea - R. imitator - R. intermedia - R. lamasi - R. minuta - R. opisthomelas - R. reticulata - R. rubrocephala - R. sirensis -R. summersi- R. tolimensis - R. uakarii - R. vanzolinii - R. variabilis - R. ventrimaculata - R. viridis - R. virolinensis - R. yavaricola
Evaradero
Sponsor: 0

Possible courting?

Postby Evaradero » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 am

After heavily misting, i heard some calling from my imitator 'varadero' tank and i saw this. A male was calling infront of the other frog whose gender i have not been able to figure out. Let me know what you think
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1412860410190.jpg

Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: Possible courting?

Postby Philsuma » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 pm

You'll know wrestling / combatting when you see it....otherwise, it will be breeding.

Is 'courting' even an applicable biological term? Isn't is 'breeding'??

I keep thinking about Gone with the Wind...'courting in the old south'. "May I have this dance my dear'?

Evaradero
Sponsor: 0

Re: Possible courting?

Postby Evaradero » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Well i honoestly wasnt even sure if it was actual breeding, or just the 'courting' stage when he was trying to arouse her because he seemed to be calling to her from a close proximity. I think the word courting is correct, but to an extent... lol

Return to “Ranitomeya Genus”