Spotted a Mix (Vapor)

Speak your mind about anything Non Dart Frog related. Sit back and relax - have some fun!

Posts in this subforum will not show up as new posts.
Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Re: Spotted a Mix (Vapor)

Postby Chuck Lawson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 pm

That's awesome Jon!

For anybody who's thinking about this, I should probably mention "don't get took" -- like anything else, there are good deals and bad deals out there; avoid the "Blu" and other stuff sold at the gas station, and if you can, find a local shop that carries the stuff. Watch out on the price -- a "starter kit" should cost somewhere between about $40 and $100 (depending on what all you get), but there are shifty folks out there selling starter kits for $200 - $300, too. Likewise a 30ml bottle of e-liquid should cost about $8 - $12 bucks -- if they try to sell it for a lot more, go elsewhere. Worst comes to worst, there are plenty of reputable online dealers; if you need help finding one, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.

IDPM

Postby IDPM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21 pm

I figure it's only a matter of time before the feds come in with both hands opened. Big tobacco would be smart to play both sides, that is if they aren't already. They would like to keep their market share, but I can guarantee they'd also like to capture a whole new generation of smokers, old school and new. Regardless, the tax man cometh.

I've been smokeless since noon of yesterday!
brad

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Lawson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:31 pm

IDPM wrote:I figure it's only a matter of time before the feds come in with both hands opened. Big tobacco would be smart to play both sides, that is if they aren't already. They would like to keep their market share, but I can guarantee they'd also like to capture a whole new generation of smokers, old school and new. Regardless, the tax man cometh.

I think that's pretty much exactly it; they've been trying to figure out how to get it outlawed until they can get it regulated such that if you're not them, you can't afford to be in the business. Then suddenly the story will be how safe and healthy it is (as long as you buy from Philip Morris or RJR Nabisco), and it's not cigarettes, so we can go back to advertising everywhere, etc.

IDPM wrote:I've been smokeless since noon of yesterday!

Congrats!!!

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Lawson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:33 pm

So you're vaping now, I'm vaping, Beth is vaping, and Casper was ahead of all of us -- who else was still smoking at the get together in May?

Jerry, we need you to report in.... :-) If you haven't tried it yet, swing by and I'll give you a starter kit...

Armson

Postby Armson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:05 pm

All the cool froggers are doing it.....

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Lawson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Armson wrote:All the cool froggers are doing it.....

Damnbetcha....

poldi-senesis.jpg

(tonight's vape)

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:52 am

Ya gotta get Glenn on board.

Rusty_Shackleford

Postby Rusty_Shackleford » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Philsuma wrote:Ya gotta get Glenn on board.

It's probably not come to Canada yet, ya know they are a few years behind eh. :wink:
Jon - Ft. Myers, FL
Help stop the spread of Chytrid! Disinfect your waste water before disposing of it and double bag all solid wastes please!!

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 pm

oh I dunno...Vancouver should be heavily invested in a lot of 'vapor' type stuff already...

zachaustin

Postby zachaustin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm on vaca here in the uk and Ireland and there are lots in the uk using the vapor smokers....but here in Dublin it's a smokers city for sure. From just a general observation at pubs and cafes of 10 tables at least 9 are smoking for sure. But they have a graphic anti smoking thing here....

Ghostvivs

Postby Ghostvivs » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:54 pm

:shock: guess i need to look in the lounge more!

I think it's almost 5 months without a cig 8) But I need to get one of those Cadillacs you're using Chuck... bad case of vape envy...
What some see as death, others see as beauty.

Casper

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Lawson » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Ghostvivs wrote::shock: guess i need to look in the lounge more!

I think it's almost 5 months without a cig 8) But I need to get one of those Cadillacs you're using Chuck... bad case of vape envy...

Can get you hooked up... The other day I saw this and my only thought was "THIS is the mod Casper needs..."

SAM_0590.jpg

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

The Dark Truth Behind E-Cigarettes...

Postby Chuck Lawson » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:40 pm

e-cigarette2.jpg

Bah... Didn't want it to appear tiny... Find it here - The Dark Truth Behind E-Cigarettes.

Ghostvivs

Postby Ghostvivs » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Must have that skull!!! How much is that bad mofo?
What some see as death, others see as beauty.

Casper

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Lawson » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:51 pm

$230+ shipping if you can get one. Hand carved out of cherry by a guy going by "Gepetto" in the UK; his stuff usually sells out within a couple of minutes...

But...

That particular one is on it's way to Rowlett where I was planning to use it to fill those empty vivarium shelves back in the frog room... Now if I had to put those shelves to some other purpose, I'd probably have to be getting rid of it to make room :mrgreen:

frogfreak

Postby frogfreak » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Rusty_Shackleford wrote:

It's probably not come to Canada yet, ya know they are a few years behind eh. :wink:

You're right, Jon. At least,I've never heard of it until reading this thread. And Phil, the other stuff is pretty much legal now. :wink:

Hey Chuck, besides nicotine, what's in this stuff? Any warnings for Asthmatics or anything?

Thanks,
Glenn

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Lawson » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 pm

frogfreak wrote:
Rusty_Shackleford wrote:

You're right, Jon. At least,I've never heard of it until reading this thread. And Phil, the other stuff is pretty much legal now. :wink:

Hey Chuck, besides nicotine, what's in this stuff? Any warnings for Asthmatics or anything?

Thanks,

It's nicotine, in a base of Propylene Glycol (a food preservative) and Vegetable Glycerin, both of which are also used as carriers for inhalant medication... The only other ingredient is flavorings; they're all food safe, but there's no track record or studies as to their long term safety when inhaled. There's certainly a possibility that a person could be sensitive to some of the flavorings, but I haven't really heard anything so far; there are some people who are sensitive to PG, and tend to lean towards e-liquids that have higher concentrations of VG over PG (you can get a lot of liquids mixed to variety of PG/VG ratios).

If a person has asthma, they'd probably want to start pretty cautiously, but I don't haven't heard any "must avoids".

Anecdotally, I've had escalating allergy problems since I was 16 or so; amazingly, a lot of them have disappeared, or lessened considerably in severity since I gave up smoking for this...

frogfreak

Postby frogfreak » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Thanks Chuck,

I'll shoot you a PM in the next day or so. In the meantime, I'll see if they're around here. Anything to get off these damn cigs! I can't take any of the meds. I went cold turkey the first time, but can't seem to do it again. :?

Congrats on quitting them!
Glenn

Chuck Lawson
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Lawson » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Worst comes to worst Glenn, we'll get you hooked up when you come down next time...

BcsTx

Postby BcsTx » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Yet another reason to come back to TX Glenn.. :)
I would recommend Oct. we have received some needed rain in the past few days but it was steamy and hot today.
-Beth

Return to “The Lounge / Off Topic”