Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of my vivs past and present
An old 75 gal...empty now, but will be my next project:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
My current project...started as an experimental tank for bentonite background, has morphed into this:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
A very basic grow-out for E. anthonyi "SI" froglets:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
And some of my D. leucomelas (yes I know...not a viv pic but I couldn't resist)...sorry about the foggy glass:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
I was going to ask you about the kitty litter background on that one viv....

How do you like it ?
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:I was going to ask you about the kitty litter background on that one viv....
How do you like it ?

I'm really happy with it. I had one hairline crack at the top that kept showing up, other than that I haven't had any of the problems others have experienced (knock on wood). I think one thing that may have helped was that I let the clay soak under lights for about a month before I used it, so it had the beginnings of a biofilm already established and everything was really saturated and homogeneous. The Pilea "creeping charlie" and Pilea "redstems" are growing really well, you can see lots of roots. It has only been up for about a month, so I don't know about longevity, but its working for me right now. I will keep everyone updated...hopefully with positive updates.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
fieldsmith Wrote:An old 75 gal...empty now, but will be my next project:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
My current project...started as an experimental tank for bentonite background, has morphed into this:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
A very basic grow-out for E. anthonyi "SI" froglets:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
And some of my D. leucomelas (yes I know...not a viv pic but I couldn't resist)...sorry about the foggy glass:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Hey... just curious.. how did that brirdsnest fern do?
I love them, but just wonder how well they do in the long run.... you know ....after fly dust and poops and all that jazz.
LOL.

Thanks!
Todd
Yeah...I could never get that fern to do well for me, either.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
That actually wasn't a dart viv, so the humidity was a little lower (though there was a little dust from crickets). The fern in the foreground of the pic didn't grow very much and was a little brown at the tips, but stayed alive for years. The one in the back did great, it was always putting off new growth and had much better color. I am growing one out right now to put in the rebuild of that 75 (for a group of D. leucomelas), hopefully it will do alright.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Nice pics. That pic of the leucs is awesome
.Riko
eos Wrote:Nice pics. That pic of the leucs is awesome
Thanks Riko...wish I could have gotten all 5 to be in the pic at once...they are such little piggies.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Love the Leuc shot!
Here are a couple more...

One of my new P. terribilis "Mint":
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

And a couple of my little D. truncatus "Blue":
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
One more... My D. tinctorious "Kutari" the flash washed them out really badly, in person they are a super dark indigo...I love these little guys
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Those blue truncatus are nice! How long have you worked with yours? On my want list :mrgreen:
Scott - North Dallas
RanaVenenosa Wrote:Those blue truncatus are nice! How long have you worked with yours? On my want list :mrgreen:
These are my first, I have had them around a month. I have two with tiny tail nubs that are venturing out onto land and a tad that just popped its back legs. They are close to impossible to find on the east coast...luckily a very generous friend in NY gave me these. Let me know if you are looking for some, I know of a couple of people who have some or will have some soon.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Here are a couple more:
Tried to get a better pic of the Kutari, this is closer to their actual color but still showing up lighter than in person.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Another pic of one of my truncatus...they grow fast!
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
I adore how these "metallic" looking colors look like they have a glaze of epoxy over them! Looks dimensional!
Lisa
In central NY

R. Imitator 'Cainarachi Valley' 2.3.0
R. Imitator 'Cainarachi Valley' Froglets 8 and counting.
Great pics Field - keep em coming. Not many photos of Blue Truncs... certainly not a photo journal.
Scott - North Dallas
RanaVenenosa Wrote:Great pics Field - keep em coming. Not many photos of Blue Truncs... certainly not a photo journal.
Great idea Scott...I am sorely lacking in photography skills, but I will do the best I can. I have loved watching these guys morph out.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Big day for two of the truncatus...they moved into their new digs.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Whats this nonsense about you saying your not a good photographer??? Looks darn good to me !!! Only problem is we need more pictures Tongue
Scott - North Dallas
Freshly planted 29, still needs some work and maybe a few more plants, but I like to keep things simple:
-Field Smith
Some frogs...

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020