Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Auratus eggs dragged all over the viv...possible causes?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auratus eggs dragged all over the viv...possible causes?
The title says it all really ,has anyone observed this? could you share any insight into why this has happened,going by previous clutches laid,the main egg mass was intact,complete with embryos,we have pulled it and set to incubate just in case,they were fertilised prior to this,but don't really have much hope,more curious now as to why!
thanks in advance
Stu
Yo Stu !

Whats the group size and sex ratio ?

How big is the tank?

What are the egg deposition sites and how many - film cans, cocohuts, leaf litter, plant leaves ect
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:Yo Stu !

Whats the group size and sex ratio ?

How big is the tank?

What are the egg deposition sites and how many - film cans, cocohuts, leaf litter, plant leaves ect
hey dude, ok a groupf of 3 sex ratio...unsure one is vitually invisable,we only clock it at egg laying time,now size (of frogs) suggests one female2 males,but at one stage i would have said 100% the large one is male,called while i was staring at it from about 1' away,but am doubting my own eyes(frog was facing away directly from me) same frog seems to guard eggs,sporadically.Phil its a bloddy conundrum.the invisable one and the male?(zorro) have been seen together prior to fertile eggs 4 times now,and one the invisable one and the other frog(the dark one) together in a canaster once but no eggs.
They have 3 cans they use them in total rotation,eggs are appearing roughly 10 days apart.It could be 2 females and egg eating/distruction? it could be eggs stuck to one of the pair as it left the can.
viv size 50x50x40high....60cm=2 in blummin english :roll: ,but we are ment to be part of europe...lol
Main egg mass say 2 inches away from can due to be laid in .all eggs have been found in cans...nowhere else
thats about all i can give ya mate
cheers...what ya got?
Stu

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020