Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Book is Done! But, Need Help Finding a Good Publisher
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book is Done! But, Need Help Finding a Good Publisher
Good news. I have the book ready to publish.
Bad news . The publishing house I was hoping to go with decided to give bad info about the content size limits. In other words, I had planned to use CreateSpace , but my 160mb file is too big. 60mb too big. Even though before I started the project I asked specifically if there was any limit on the number of pictures I could use. Their email (they do not have any phone contact at all) stated there was no limit. Just pay-per-page...Bad info.
Anyway, I am looking for basically a low/zero out of pocket publisher that can print on demand. And it has to be able to accept 160mb worth of information. Something I would have thought any house would be able to accommodate, but am wrong about.
Any solid info would be appreciated. I have searched and would love some input from anybody who has been happy with a publisher in the past.

Thanks,
Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
LULU
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:LULU

Looked into it . Used their "price calculator " and they say they want over twice the amount that Create wanted per book, my price. More than I had planned on selling the book for retail . Unless I am not using the calculator correctly...
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Hey,

I work in graphics and design for a living and deal with printers and file prep all of the time. Rich, contact me at rob at rjmarchisi dot com and I should be able to get that file size down for you and formatted correctly.

rob
Problem solved. Thanks tons Rob!

Rich

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020