Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EcoWeb good to use ?
What's your thoughts on EcoWeb as a background. Mostly wanting it for the microfauna that can live in it...
Need a Website? PM Me for more information.

Recent Hobby Clients - DartDen.com, Rainforestherps.com
What is it made out of ? If it's man-made or synthetic and doesn't contain anything organic, I can't see Microfauna populating it. I don't know of anyone using it or having it long term. I think Michael uses it....

Microfauna does really well in my ABG backgrounds and I think the "clay people" are reporting moderate microfauna growth in / on theirs.

The previous incarnation of this type of niche (forget the marketing name) was all plastic.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
EcoWeb is recycled plastic. Basically a big thick sponge filter like would see on a swamp cooler. Very coarse and scratch. To my understanding its good for orchids as stuff to root to. I have not been using it long enough to form an opinion on it but if the moss starts to grow and other plants well I will prefere it over GS.
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
Are you completely set on having microfaunal populations in the background? I would use a different material for the background if you want moss, plants, etc. to overtake it. It will happen on EcoWeb, but it may take a while (automatic misting definitely helps...but still not as quickly as a more natural substrate). If you want to use it for microfaunal populations to inhabit, I would go with a similar but more inexpensive filter material and lay a couple of them down on a false bottom or over a drainage layer and use it as a faux substrate.
Ron

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020