Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello-First day posting/My Viv
Hello, My name is Frank. I have a long history of keeping reptiles. Had a few frogs(firebellys and treefrogs) snakes(still have my pair of Jungle Carpet Pythons) and now Im trying Darts. Hers my first attempt at a terrarium. However after reading here, Im am sure soon I will rearange for a false bottom. Any comments are welcome Smile
I am using a Fluval 1 filter and a rio powerhead to creat the water fall and drip feature. Lots of aquarium rocks and some pillow moss and other moss covering it. I have a hood with one florescent fixture with a reptile bulb. Also I use a 25 watt purple light to warm it up a bit for these cold months :lol: cold for San Diego! My temps are good as is the humidity.

[Image: what100.jpg]
This forum is great, Ive been reading for hours! Thanks to all who have shared thier pics and wisdome with us.
[Image: Frank4.jpg] [Image: frank1.jpg]
[Image: cage094.jpg]
OK...

Dart Den must not be used all that much. Ive had my viv up here for 2 weeks, and no responces.

So heres my new viv.
[Image: cage180.jpg]
[Image: cage224.jpg]
[Image: cage212.jpg]
Dart den is not as popular as dendroboard, I am registird on both also, Very nice vivarium. What size?

Jesse Big Grin
Jesse, Dendroboard has way more people visiting at any givin time....
Thats kinda why I like Dart Den- its way faster for my computer to open.

Thanks for your responce... I edited my comment^^
The viv is a 37tall. I used great stuff and silicone for the background and plastic eggcrate for the false bottom.
Where did u get all of those Tinanllids (EXCUSE SPELLING)?

Thanks,
Jesse
I bought a 10 pack from a seller on ebay for around $30..
I would like to show you the link to the same sale,, she sells the same pack, and lots of other tilandsia..
Would it be against rules to post an ebay link?
I don't think the link would be a problem. U could just send it to me in an e-mail at lizardwizard666@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Jesse
http://cgi.ebay.com/TERRARIUM-VIVARIUM- ... dZViewItem :wink:

the plants arrived in about 4 days. Nicely packaged. Smile They even hooked up 2 extra plants. Very cool!
good job on the tank, i am looking into starting a 20 Gal. is the water red because of the black water stuff you can add, or is it from it leaking from the substrate?
I didnt add anything to the water.. It doesnt look red to me Confusedhock:

Smile anyone else see red?

Thanks - Frank

Hi Frank,
that's a good looking tank. The water does look a little tinted, no big deal.
I can't tell for sure what your waterfall in made of. If you have your water flowing over a piece of the Kampus wood ( Mayalsian driftwood) or if you have peat in your substrate or this is probably the source for the coloration in the water. Some people want their water crystal clear, some like the "natural" look. I'm partial to the "natural" look.

Cindy Dicken
Vivarium Concepts
www.vivariumconcepts.com
www.rainforesthabitats.com
www.texasdartfrogs.org[b]
hey 40zdictator are u on the fieldherp forum also. i recognize those pictures of the kid from somewhere
Basketbreaker Wrote:hey 40zdictator are u on the fieldherp forum also. i recognize those pictures of the kid from somewhere

hmmm Im on the dendroboard forum and also I frequently visit the Global forum for XTM Mammoths. My rc car hobby Big Grin And I use the same sig in all ....

- Frank

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020