Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Montreal
Hi,

Some of you will know me from Frog Forum's as their Facebook admin. I am also working closely with Michael Lawrence (Poison Beauties on Amphibian Network.

I have 2 R. ventrimaculatus "Rodyll" from UE, and I'm waiting to receive any days now 5 P.terribilis "Yellow" froglets.

So. Hi.

Eric
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.0.6 Phyllobates terribilis "Yellow"
1.1.0 Ranitomeya ventrimaculata "Rodyll"
1.0.0 Leptopelis vermiculatus
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis
Welcome Eric !

I just saw some "Rodyll's" at a meet on Sunday. I have a trio of French Guyana Vents and they are actually one of the only species of Dart Frogs that do not breed for me. haha.

Feel free to hang out and post. Michael pops over evey now and again.

~Phil
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Ack! Broke the first rule, PICS!!! Big Grin

Welcome Eric, thanks for stopping by. Look forward to reading your posts. I assume you keep more than just darts?
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
Glad to be here. And pic uploaded. And good assumption... We have Melanophryniscus stelzneri, Leptopelis vermiculatus, Hyla cinerea and Bombina orientalis. And sometimes I don't use the latin terms... Wink

Question. Who takes care of your FB page? Good job! And it was a great hook!

@Phil: Thanks for the welcome.

E.
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis
Theres a couple of us. I was the one that said Hi on Frog Forum....nice list. I used to keep Green tree frogs and fire bellies years ago. Leptopelis vermiculatatus looks pretty sweet!
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
I will be concentrating from now on on terribs. "Yellow" are the first ones I'll be getting, and in two other tanks will be Orange and Mints.
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis
My wife has expressed interest in Mints. She wants me to set up a tank in the kids playroom housing them. They are a pretty awesome looking frog thats for sure.
You know another parent when you see a board reply at 6:30. I have looked at pictures of your vivs. Beautiful settings you have, and great frogs, D3monic! Really.

And I'm hoping to start breeding within the next two years...
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis
Thanks for the compliments. Given the right environment it comes naturally to them. Heck my imitators are like rabbits. I couldnt stop them if I wanted to.
Now I should start navigating a bit on this board, and make a few comments on others' threads...

My vent has been calling for two months now. The female keeps on following him all around the viv. I have prepared a few egg deposit sites. We'll see how this goes.
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis
Hey Eric,nice to see that there is a D on the canadian keyboard. FF, FB, AN, not to many D's pop up on your bookmarks Im guessing.

Michael
Everyday I meet someone I dislike, are you today's pick? If you dislike me it's because somethings wrong with you!

Don't Be A Hybridiot!
Oh Michael... It's obvious that you have succumbed to the all too common Canuck envy. You don't become Canadian, Michael... You are born Canadian.
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis
What's all this Canadian stuff aboot ?

Go Flyers !
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Michael and I were discussing the finer points in housing frogs in igloos.

Go HABS!
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis
You got me, I'm completely envious of Canada. I so wish I was up there relaxing in the frost bitten black foot springs you guys get instead of the 82 degrees and sunny day we had here in ATL. Your frogs would like it much better down here where the sun shines through the windows daily. I wont tell anyone if you flee that place for the south east. Just do away with the eh's and you will fit right in.

Michael
Everyday I meet someone I dislike, are you today's pick? If you dislike me it's because somethings wrong with you!

Don't Be A Hybridiot!
I wish I could escape down South, but you know, the Indians and cowbows might catch me, and I don't think I have a warm enough parka to make that trek...
2.1.0 Atelopus hoogmoedi
0.1.0 Hyla cinerea
1.1.0 Bombina orientalis

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020