Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighting for plants
Just one quick question I need answered before I can start my viv. I have a twenty gallon long tank (30x12x12). What kind of lighting should I provide the live tropical plants in order for them to grow? If you could provide me with a link to a product, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
I know the 2.0 reptile bulbs (like the exo terra or zoo med bulbs) say they are good for growing plants since they are full spectrum bulbs, though I also think I had read that you can use standard bulbs as long as they gave off certain parts of the color spectrum that plants (red and blue). I have only been doing some reading on stuff since I'm just trying to get started so I have not tried anything to see what works better yet. Though my guess would be if you go with a 2.0 reptile bulb or a bulb that gives off 5500 Kelvin to 6500 Kelvin so it is about the same as the sun's light.
http://www.valuepetsupplies.com/Shop/Co ... rid/126301

Can anyone tell me if that is a good enough light for the tropical plants? Thanks
I get my lights from home depot they are five dollars for a two bulb 48 inch fixture and four dollars each grow bulb. Hope this helps..........scotty bradley

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020