Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Lowering temperature in vivarium ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering temperature in vivarium ?
My dart frogs tank usually reaches about 83 degrees during the day. At night the tank drops to about 73. What is an easy way to drop the temperature. I was thinking about misting the tank with cooler water but that might shock the frogs. Thanks
make sure the light fixture is off of the glass lid. Use a small fan to also blow across the gap between the light and the lid.

that should get you @ 5 degrees cooler.

You could think about lowering lighting wattage and also time on.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
A good amount of passive air flow will allow the hot air to escape out the top and fresh air to be pulled in lower in the viv. This will also increase evaporative cooling.
Chris Sherman
One big methane burp from the ocean could make everything here obsolete.
Try looking up a ice probe, I'm going to actually be purchasing one this week can definitely keep you posted.
I am using the ice probe in my lehmanni vivs. I use it in my reservoir along with the fogger to introduce cool humidity at night. I have a fairly cool room and my night tank temps are 68 already. The chilled mist and fog gets me down to 62 easily. I use fans at the beginning to help with this as well.
pafrogguy Wrote:I am using the ice probe in my lehmanni vivs. I use it in my reservoir along with the fogger to introduce cool humidity at night. I have a fairly cool room and my night tank temps are 68 already. The chilled mist and fog gets me down to 62 easily. I use fans at the beginning to help with this as well.

Planned on doing exactly the same, thanks for the input your highs during the day consist of 80s? I myself can get past down 71 or so which is my house ambient temperature need that little extra push to get it dropped into the mid 60s. Plan on drilling holes in both my glass reservoirs for the ice probe, was there a specific model that you like? I see there are two different ones anyway a white one and also a black one when I search ice probe.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020