Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messed up R. Imitator embryo
So, I pulled these eggs on 6.01. I started taking pictures on Day 3 of the decomposing egg (gross, but I like documenting many things LOL).
Anyhow, Everything looked FINE with the one embryo until now. I took a picture this morning, and I guess I can see SOMETHING was going wrong with development, but something is NOT right here.
Here's the picture from 6.5 and this morning first-
[Image: decomposingeggday5edit.jpg]
6.06.2011am
[Image: decomposingeggday6edit.jpg]
Any idea what is going on? I'm sure that this guy isn't going to make it. It wiggles around fine, but it's really screwed up!
6.06.2011- 8:35pm
[Image: decomposingeggday61edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday63edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday64edit.jpg]
weird...may still develop ok though. lol, looks like someone cracked the yolk Wink
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
LOL. I guess we will see! It's just really weird how fast this thing developed on it!
It seems like the "growth" is breaking off.
[Image: decomposingeggday72edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday7edit.jpg]
All the stuff is now separated from the embryo. This morning the egg was cloudy, now all the particles are looking solid. Weird. I guess no one else has ever seen this?
[Image: decomposingeggday8edit.jpg]
[Image: decomposingeggday82edit.jpg]
snow globe comes to mind.
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
Yes it does!
The tad hatched on the 12th. I just euthanized it. Part of it's internal organs were coming out it's backside, and you can clearly see an air bubble in it's body cavity.
[Image: tadpoleday5-euthanized2edit.jpg]
[Image: tadpoleday5-euthanizededit.jpg]

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020