Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panacur Study ?
It's been well over a year since a this study was announced. Has there been anything to report yet? As someone who regularly deals with WC animals(frogs and lizards) I am curious to see if Panacur is indeed as harmless as certain people claim it is.
I am so glad you bring this up Roman. It gives me not only a chance to show you as the transparent easy read you are, but also post what happens when people decide to rat others out to The Man.

The study is on hold because Richard Lynch (and 'helpers') reported myself to the feds. Volunteers at Abbott Lab were going to run the whole experiment but , as per usual procedure, thought it best to wait until all investigations were over to get involved in a study. None of us are sure when the next bullshit ratting will occur,
so, the hobby gets F'ed while you wait Roman.
Once again, as always, I have emails and proof to back up what I say.
Any other questions Roman? Because I just love showing people for what they are...
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Then please do produce these said e-mails. You do a nice job pressing everyone else for proof how about some of your own for a change? I find it hard to believe the "Feds" would give a rat's ass about a toxicity study involving a handful of frogs, while turning a blind's eye to all the other experiments involving animals that occur in this country on a daily basis.
Mantisdragon91 Wrote:Then please do produce these said e-mails. You do a nice job pressing everyone else for proof how about some of your own for a change? I find it hard to believe the "Feds" would give a rat's ass about a toxicity study involving a handful of frogs, while turning a blind's eye to all the other experiments involving animals that occur in this country on a daily basis.
Re-read my post Roman, take time to absorb what I write. I said Abbott Lab cares.
I'll have proof posted today. I love it.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
And Abbot Lab is the only option for this study? If you really cared about finding the results you would have tried other options as opposed to burying this study like a "Mob witness in your Hometown".
Boy you are a hoot. Really want to keep going with this Roman?
My results go out the door all the time. Have for ten years now. You are so easy.

Translation. I've done nothing, intend to do nothing and just wish you would go away and stop asking me questions that I am not prepared to answer. I'll now return you to your regular program of trying to cast doubt on everyone else.
Once again Roman, read and think long enough for it to settle in.
I said I have proof of what I say, and I do. Once guys like Richard Lynch are gone from the hobby MAYBE it will be safe to proceed. But for now he's screwed both you and I. IF , if if, what you want is a study VS. coming here to ATTEMPT to make me look bad.

For once stop blaming others and take accountability. Lynch is not some kind of omniscient being that can be in all places at once. If you want to prove you ridiculous assertion that Panacur is fairly benign and has a wide margin for error, than take steps to do so. Hell I'll even be willing to chip in the time and resources to assist you, like I did with paying for the phone call with Dr. Wright DVM. But to say that it is impossible to do so just because Richard may or may not have reached out to Abbot Labs via the Feds is pure BS and just another attempt to walk back from an obvious over exaggeration on your part.
If you are offering to fund the whole project from start to finish I am all in. See how easy that was?
I am currently down over $4000 due to Sidney Ferrell so I can't chip in on the cash end, but I'm glad you are offering. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Wow,
I am one of the scientists , who was going to run the study. I also had a herp vet to monitor the study from start to finish and a verterinary pathologist, at the time to do the necropsies and slides for analysis. So myself , 2 vets and two other degreed scientists were going to do this to help the hobby, and write a new paper. But with all the conjecture , all was put on hold.
Thats the whole story. Who we work for doesn't matter, actually irrelevant, rather a group of scientific professionals volunteered their time to do this. Now were not, thats the bottom line. Non of us are going to put out jobs on the line.
Thank You

Please note this study never made it past the planning , and resource gathering stage. For me this was nothing personal just science.
I'm still lost here. Pardon me if I am slow. How would doing a toxicology study on non-endangered, non-protected animals be putting anyone's job at risk? And no Rich I am not willing to fund the whole thing but would be willing to provide some funds, contacts and other resources as needed.
Anybody know what the "E" in CITES stands for ? Not protected? Hmmmm...
Let me know when you collect the funds needed from others who gotta know about Panacur and we'll proceed. Simple.

I know exactly what E means and last time I checked Leucomelas are type2 at best on Cites. If you aren't crossing state lines what is the problem exactly? Induge me... I'm slow.
RichFrye Wrote:Let me know when you collect the funds needed from others who gotta know about Panacur and we'll proceed. Simple.

Above, for the hobby.

So no answer. You just want me to collect funds and send them to a PO box no questions asked. The problem is that Panacur has already been proven toxic in many types of vertebrates so I'm not quite sure why you insist on claiming it is benign.

And despite your cute little tag line they are finding that parasites can carry some benefits to the host.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html?em
Mantisdragon91 Wrote:So no answer. You just want me to collect funds and send them to a PO box no questions asked. The problem is that Panacur has already been proven toxic in many types of vertebrates so I'm not quite sure why you insist on claiming it is benign.

And despite your cute little tag line they are finding that parasites can carry some benefits to the host.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html?em

So, now you question not only me, but the scientist who says he was going to run the expereiment.

If there is no need for the study, why are you here? I keep producing tons of healthy frogs, year after year after year, which go on to live long productive lives and you keep ...what exactly DO you do for the hobby again?

So, to sum it up so I don't waste my time with 'vents mixed with variabilis' Roman;

As I have said , and was proven this morning, there WAS going to be a study with a bunch of very nice volunteers who happen to be real live scientists and doctors , none related to me personally. It was put on indefinate hold due to rats in the hobby.

IF , IF Roman really cares about a study, it can most certainly still be done, it just needs funding. I can't help with too much funding, but since there are soooo many froggers worried about Panacur death there should also be a large number willing to donate cash for the cause. I will chip in what I can.
So Roman, if you really came here to see how a study is going , you have your answer right from the horse's mouth. But that's not good enough for you , so we need to start collecting cash to prove out this study.
Let me know how you want to proceed. For the hobby.

You know attacking me does nothing except shed light on your personal insecurities. I'll be more than happy to collect funds and contribute funds but I need you to show exactly how you intend to proceed and what methodology you intend to utilize in your testing. Just like any good study if you want funding you need to provide a framework of how much you need, how it will be spent and what the anticipated time frames will be. Asking people to send money no questions asked simply wont cut it.
It's simple Roman, you get to run the whole thing. Just post the hows and whos and I'll send what I can to contribute.
This should be awesome.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020