Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Pretty redhead histrionicus offspring
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty redhead histrionicus offspring
Might as well right? About 6 months:

[Image: DSC02498.jpg]
[Image: DSC02500.jpg]
wow...nice red colour. How often do you supplement for colour Chris and what products are you using ?
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Just Repashy Calcium Plus dusted fruitflies once or twice a week, the tank has a well established population of micro silver springtails and dwarf isopods. Others don't come out full-body red though so I think it's more of a characteristic than supplementation probably though.
Beautiful Frog Chris!

P.s. Reminds me of some Crazy Crayons I saw while school shopping for my son. Smile
That reticulation is awesome!
The next time someone says people are only interested in histos because of their scarcity I'll direct them to those pics...absolutely gorgeous!
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Hey Chris,
Awesome froglet, are you leaving them in til they reach approximately six months or are you snagging them sooner? I have a few roaming around in their parents viv and wanna know when others tend to pull them. You by chance going to microcosm? Interested in diversifying your bloodlines via trade for more redheads?

Chris
I keep them in as long as possible till there's either crowding or males fighting, usually well past 6 months.
Hey dude,
Chris they are fabulous,mate could you pop up pics of the parents and others of their kids :oops: .How often do you get this? is it just a random , or do you think there is anything more behind this much red. Where are you generation wise with these mate,i know you've been at them awhile.

Ahh , if i didn't ask all these questions what the hell would you do other than breed more :lol: or take it out on some poor drummer's hearing,see how i defended the brothers Big Grin Hell today has been way too hard,hope you don't mind me smiling for a while

Finally seriously beautiful thanks for posting ,someone always wants more huh!!

Stu
Chris,

Just Keep breeding them!

Let me know if you need any help with the offspring.

You can keep them at my place if you need more space.

-Byron
Tuckinrim8 Wrote:Hey Chris,
Awesome froglet, are you leaving them in til they reach approximately six months or are you snagging them sooner? I have a few roaming around in their parents viv and wanna know when others tend to pull them. You by chance going to microcosm? Interested in diversifying your bloodlines via trade for more redheads?

Chris
Didn't see all of this one - no that's too far out for me, but yeah I'm always up for trades, got a couple of breeding pairs going, also other sylvaticus etc.
Stu&Shaz Wrote:Hey dude,
Chris they are fabulous,mate could you pop up pics of the parents and others of their kids :oops: .How often do you get this? is it just a random , or do you think there is anything more behind this much red. Where are you generation wise with these mate,i know you've been at them awhile.

Ahh , if i didn't ask all these questions what the hell would you do other than breed more :lol: or take it out on some poor drummer's hearing,see how i defended the brothers Big Grin Hell today has been way too hard,hope you don't mind me smiling for a while

Finally seriously beautiful thanks for posting ,someone always wants more huh!!

Stu
Well I'm doing this from the phone, but the pics of the parents and other siblings are posted all around, they're from my first main breeding pair, it's just random, some are almost all yellow and brown, some like this one, and all in between, got an F2 less reticulated with large spots but some of the spots down the back are orange, yeah gotta pick up the gee-tar!
Hey Chris,
thanks for the reply,especially from a phone!
I guess what i was trying to say is it would be fabulous to see all your pics in one place(thread),what a resource!!
Naturally i search out and have seen alot of them,i'm fascinated by these frogs as you already know.
Grats on this latest beauty
here's to your continuing success
Stu
ps did you see that Redhead video shot be Reid i think? the habitat was a real eye opener for me at least
Stu,

Can you post a link to the video?
Armson Wrote:Stu,

Can you post a link to the video?

Erm i think so?? :roll: try this

[youtube]OyImB7tYplU[/youtube]

does it work?
Stu
Yeah I saw those clips, I was kinda familiar with the habitat but they also show how well redheads hold up to other morphs looks-wise.
Very pretty indeed Chris!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020