Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Frog Room - Frogfreak
That's what we call it. When we first put up a wall divider in the basement we referred to it as the BUG room. lol That's all that was in it. Now it houses bugs, tads and froglets. We finished it last winter.

A shot from the display area. It will get finished off this winter. I love the big table to work on.

[Image: dscf0166.jpg]

Cricket breeding area with a charcoal canister for odour.

[Image: dscf0168y.jpg]

Fly rack

[Image: dscf0167yv.jpg]

A sink and a few cupboards. The sink is still not hooked up. Soon, I hope. The walk around to the laundry sink is a pain...

[Image: dscf0169wt.jpg]

The froglet rack and some storage bins.

[Image: dscf0124j.jpg]

Tad rack.

[Image: dscf0150c.jpg]

The new frog rack in the adjoining room. This should be done after the holidays. Maybe the end of January or so...There's one more section to the right I couldn't get in the pic.

[Image: 060tm.jpg]

Thanks for looking. Smile
Glenn
Wow Glenn. Nice big operation....and organized too !

I spy some KIS containers. You know how much I love those. I still have @ 80 of them - different sizes.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Glenn, your frog room is unreal. Part of me envies you and the other part feels the heavy chain of burden it must have at times... nevertheless a labor of love.

Thanks for the pics

Scott
Scott - North Dallas
Thanks Phil,

Gotta love KIS containers!
Glenn
RanaVenenosa Wrote:Glenn, your frog room is unreal. Part of me envies you and the other part feels the heavy chain of burden it must have at times... nevertheless a labor of love.

Thanks for the pics

Scott

Thanks Scott,

It can be at times, but you're right it is a labour of love. It helps that the kids are grown and gone. lol
Glenn
Hey mate,superb,set up and damn your well organized 8) oh for just some of that space :lol: ,the new rack is going to be a belter mate nice work!! can't wait to see it all finished up. Thanks for the constant support and inspiration Glen
best,
Stu
Thanks Stu,

The room does explode one and a while (Tank building is the worst) but I do my best to keep up with it. :lol:

Best
Glenn
Moved the big tanks last night. All hooked up and good to go. Big Grin

[Image: dscf0198d.jpg]
Glenn
Not the bug room but NICE !

How many mist nozzles per tank ? 2 or some have only 1 ?
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
frogfreak Wrote:Moved the big tanks last night. All hooked up and good to go. Big Grin

[Image: dscf0198d.jpg]
COOOOOR superb Glen,really like them groovey hinges too,i'm, joking kiddo. It really does look fantastic,great work mate well done.
you got Shaz's approval too,and that takes some doing!! Proper crasftsmanship !!
merry chrimbo kiddo
Stu
Thanks Guys!! Big Grin

I put that piece there to see if the tanks overheat. So far, so good. Temps and humidity, we are always playing with.

Merry Christmas to you guys too!

Hey Phil, Some have one in each corner and some have one double in the middle. I'm going to switch them out to all be in the corners.

Best
Glenn
frogfreak Wrote:Thanks Guys!! Big Grin

I put that piece there to see if the tanks overheat. So far, so good. Temps and humidity, we are always playing with.

Merry Christmas to you guys too!

Hey Phil, Some have one in each corner and some have one double in the middle. I'm going to switch them out to all be in the corners.

Best
This is something a learned when i was really little Glen,when i kept phibs as a child:we try our humble best to make them a challanging environment ,where all there needs are met,we lovingly plant it scape it,and if you have something in between and the lights,it is actually quiet nice because its so easy to look at the damn frogs. being.Of course being built in you don't have the escape for heat that we have because our racks have no back,i can see why there was caution shown about that so important bit of wood taped in place,well important to me anyway :lol: .What are your lighting gaps Glen,just curious :roll:
Stu
I put a different piece of wood on and completely sealed it off. I've been watching it like a hawk for two days now on the hour. The room temp is 70F/21C day and night so far. The bulbs sit about an inch/2.5cm about the tank and there is a 4 inch/10cm gap between the top of the tank and the bottom of the next row. I installed two fans that blow air across the vent. The front is crystal clear! I'm getting 90% humidity too with less misting. I have to assume the warm air at the top is buffering the humidity escaping?? :?

In the morning the tank is 68F/20C at the bottom. Strange to me because the room is 70F/21C

At it's peak the tank is 72F/22.2C on the bottom. In the middle it's 75F/23.8. At the very top 84F/28.8.

I have been watching them closely for the last couple of days and interestingly enough they seem to be moving around the tank more often then on the old rack, which was open. I'm assuming the are self regulating their own body temps?? ie; In the morning I see them at the top of the tank taking advantage of the warmer air and then they move down in the afternoon. Interesting to me. Unfortunately, the whole thing has me a bit stumped whether to add more fans or not. Also, the bottom of the second row is 2C warmer than the bottom row, so that will play into things too... :roll:

I'll keep playing with it and see how things go.
Glenn
That is one amazing room, keep the pictures coming.
Mahjimoto Wrote:That is one amazing room, keep the pictures coming.

Thanks!

I'll be posting some shortly. The suspended ceiling is in, doors and floors. Most of the trim is up and we just have the finishing touches now. Smile
Glenn
Ahh man i thought i was gonna see more superb pics,c'mon mate at my age it ain't good to keep a dude waiting :lol: .Actually Glen it was nice to go through it all again,man its very very good,oh i wish i had that space!!.I'm just going round in circles moving stuff,but i'll get there.
Genuinely awsome mate,the word is used too often i fear, but here its fitting,nuff said
Stu
That is some serious Frogage!
Stu&Shaz Wrote:I'm just going round in circles moving stuff,but i'll get there.

Me too, Stu. You have no idea how many times I've moved crap to get this build done. I was starting to lose it a few times and had to walk away....I was tempted to take it all outside and burn it! Confusedhock:

Almost there!! :mrgreen:
Glenn
Whoa... Most impressive Glenn, nice and tidy too!!

- Have you finished moving crap out yet? Wink

No, seriously. Idea
- Would you like to share photos of inside each vivs, please?
Flemming, Denmark.

http://www.regnskoven.dk/en/nature-cons ... de-sumaco/
(In English, about conservancy in Ecuador)
Sorry about the cell phone pics. I caught this yesterday.

Again!? I have a headache. (Males up front)

[Image: 019pg.jpg]

I'm outta hear. Time to check on the lil ones. (Female leaves)

[Image: 020wmg.jpg]

A froglet that was tank raised. This guy came out of the water within the last week.

[Image: 021ss.jpg]

And another tad that will be out shortly.

[Image: 018de.jpg]
Glenn

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020