Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This work?
i want to mime this pic: http://www.blackjungle.com/gallery/talltank/page1.html

You put the co co bedding on the foam using black silicone...seems all good...but how do plants survive in those baskets? what is there nutrients and planting material
please answer the question...

How will the plants survive in the baskets
Hi....Nate is it? Welcome.
Might want to do a quick intro.

A couple suggestions.
Post all of your questions pertaining to builds in one post and do a few quick searches for some of these questions ahead of time.
The plants can/ will survive on poop, dead bugs, and other nutrients which will accumulate in the viv.
As in a true hydroponic set-up you will find that tons of "dirt" is not needed. Plants that require more care than your Darts , in my mind, should be avoided.

Corey, how about a "newbie" or beginner's section for some of the more often asked questions.
I would really hate to see the Kingsnake-type questions surface every other post .....ala , how many frogs can I keep in my 10 gal, what are good beginner frogs, and can I mix species???

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Okay but how will the plants survive going horiontal like that...growing from pots protruding out the back wall
would the pots of the be angled up a little?...also there is no room for root growth

like so...[Image: 014.jpg]
OK Nate 1247,
Roots travel and frogs have been know to poop horizontally , they also poop vertically.
:wink:
Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
lol ok thanks my last question is..

Would a half inch of dirt need to be put in the pots? On black jungle looks as if they just put them right into the foam covered pots...

Also, what subtrate would you suggest and where cna I buy it cheap
Most of the pants you will find in ViV's are ephiphytic. Meaning they get the moisture and nutrients from the air / atmosphere.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020