Dart Den

Full Version: How many D. Leucomelas in a 29 gallon tank ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

deranged-jester

How many leucs can I safely house in my 29g viv, not jam packed and with fingers crossed for no aggression ?
I have a 29 gallon with 2 leucs doing great.

I Also have a 46 gallon bowfront with 4 leucs and those are happy as well.

I wouldnt put more than 4 in a 29.

Frank

deranged-jester

as a first timer would you recommend luecs? id like a frog that will eagerly eat and not hide all day. plus not overly aggressive...any suggestions?

Stratusfaction

I am a newbie myself, but my first PDF were cobalts, I put 3 of them in to a 29G and I have not had any aggression problems at all! These guys are very lively/active. And they don't seem to mind you watching them they rarely get spooked. Not sure how leucs really act but I am looking in to getting a few leucs in the very near future!

-David
Leucs are perfect for first-timers, as they are very bold and active. They dont mind you watching them at all. They are good in group settings or in pairs or single frogs. You really can't go wrong with leucomelas.

Frank

Stratusfaction

Well come on Frank don't you want to be generous to the newbies and give us some of yours? :lol: j/k!
Ill trade you 2 froglets for that orange galac Confusedhock:
Hi Deranged Jester,
Leucomelas would be a great frog for a first time keeper!
They are very social frogs, doing well in groups, and interesting to watch. With the luecomelas being socially interactive, you could probably, comfortably house 3 to 4 of them in a 29 gal without any problems.
We keep a group of 7 in a 45 gal, that breed on a regular basis.

Stratusfaction

40zDicTator Wrote:Ill trade you 2 froglets for that orange galac Confusedhock:

:lol: no thanks! I'm looking for a male right now.

Anyways, sorry to thread hijack.

Back on TOPIC! :wink:
2 Males and 1 Female would be ideal.

A very good ratio for breeding and minimizing aggression, IMO.