Dart Den

Full Version: Water in the tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hedder062474

Can the water ever be too much in the tank? I am building the false bottom in the tank. There will be a few inches of water in the bottom. I am putting in a waterfall. At the bottom of the water fall is going to be a basin to catch the water, which then was going to run into a little stream that would end in another pool (the false bottom) so that it could be recycled to the top of the waterfall to start all over again. I know the substrate isn't suppose to be wet all times, hopefully with the false bottom that won't be a problem. I was woundering if the water features I am planning will be too much?? Its a 45 gallon bow front tank. I was also going to purchase a mister from big apple the one they make for 109. for the misting unit. Will I even need a mister with the water features I am all ready planning?? Thanks in advance for any help!

zaroba

as long as the soil isen't constantly saturated, it should be fine.

be sure to post some pics of it all.

hedder062474

I will post some pics when I get further along in the development of things. I took a few pics the other day but they are nothing special at the moment. I have a really nice digital camera that I haven't taken much time to learn to use and I have had the thing for almost two years now. But it takes awesome pictures considering I don't know much of what I am doing. I had to take some pictures of the front yard and figured I had it out all ready so why not snap a few of the tank and some of the stuff I got to use in it. Have you posted any pics?? I am always looking at others pics to see how they worked some of the stuff out for thier tanks.