Dart Den

Full Version: There has to be an easier way!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Travisf50

Okay I've completely finished my first false bottom (30 gal tall), and have alll the Great Stuff on the back as well. I covered the side walls in Great Stuff also. I am in the process of putting my cocos fibre on and am finding it to be a real pain in the arse. I am working in small sections at a time and am about half way done. The problem is this, I have been using copious amounts of silicone, three tubes already, and I am finding it hard to get every crack and crevice covered. I apply it thick then spread it around with my hands, a bit messy but it seems to work the best. Some places it gets thin and I have to wait for it to dry before I can apply more. Is there an easier way to accomplish getting it on in one coat or am I doomed to spend 40 bucks in silicone just to get the coverage I am looking for. I also have noticed that using brown instead of black seems to make a world of difference. Any suggestions?

Lucidblue

When you spread the coco dirt out you should press it into the silicone, and use a lot. I find it sticks a lot better when you press it in a little.