Dart Den

Full Version: first vivarium pics!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ab1502

[Image: tankti8.jpg]

[Image: tank2kr3.jpg]

[Image: tank3jd8.jpg]

[Image: tank4jr1.jpg]

[Image: pondzp9.jpg]

[Image: upperwaterfalldb8.jpg]

This is a first tank for me, I used the Exo-Terra XXL glass terrarium (24" X 24" X 18") I made a false bottom out of egg crate with pvc legs and on top of that there is terra-lite clay pellets and on top of that co-co bedding, between the eggcrate and clay pellets and clay pellets and co-co bedding I placed fiber class screen. The back is foam with more co-co bedding siliconed onto it.

the water system is powered by a filter/pump below the tank, I drilled a hole through the bottom and back to pull and put water back in, I used a cypress driftwood piece for the waterfall. In the pond I built a compartment for a fogger. I am currently debating what plants to put in here, I have 2 peacock ferns and a begonia currently. I am going to get two dendrobates azureus once I have the plants in. I am looking for advice for plants, I am not sure what would work best here, I want it to be very lush.. but also have some diversity. Any help would be appreciated

ab1502

I think im going to remove the hagen fogger and compartment and just plumb an ultra sonic humidifier in somewhere. and also if anyone has plant input still looking! thanks.