Dart Den

Full Version: Identify Cristobal, Rio Brano, Bastimentos ? (Import?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Quaz

I purchased (well traded for) these two frogs which were sold to a local pet store as a mated pair of strawberry dart frogs. The store probably only paid $25 or so for them because they had them at $45. Yeah WOW! THe store owner said that he got them from "SouthLand" who is a wholesaler I'm not familiar with. He's checking to see if he can get any additional data like collection areas if wild or exporter info. Or breeder info if captive bred. Don't think they are captive bred though.

Here is the male (totally orange belly)
[Image: 100_3558.jpg]

Here is the female snowball white belly
[Image: 100_3555.jpg]

Also, if I do determine that they are wild, should I use any metronitazole and/or panacure for parasites and worms?

JJuchems

Southland Reptiles is based out of Montclair, CA. I know you emailed me about the ones on my website and I just figured out who they are and I have never used them. At the price you just stated they are WC/FR. Several came in around Feb. and again last week.

They need to be quarantined and treated for possible bacterial and parasitic infections. Most imports are lost due to improper care.
Metronidazole is used for bacterial infections.
Panacur is a broad spectrum product to treat parasites (worms are parasites).
Get with a veterinarian to get the good drugs.