Dart Den

Full Version: Pix of DIY Vivariums w/ ponds and waterfalls? Noobie here...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im just getting into the PDFs and Im looking for some ideas on a DIY vivarium. Ive been told the Marineland Watersedge aren't the greatest and for the best quality, I should do it myself. Ive got no problem with that, I like to think of myself as a fairly handy guy but I need some visuals to get the brain flowing.

I have some ideas on how to work some foam, sketch my boundries on the outside, make a pump removable for service etc but I don't know how to seal the foam, I don't know what a 'false bottom', Im not sure why I see a layer of gravel at the bottom under the soil is for, etc...

If I can get some answers on the basics and some pix to get started, Id really appreciate it!! Thanks, Ian
all you questions have been answered in previous posts. do a forum search for terms like "false bottom" or try using google. you will find much more information by those methods than anyone could fit in one post