Dart Den

Full Version: 210 Gallon Viv Construction journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was on Craigs list and got a 210 gallon fish tank with a cracked bottom with a 2X4 stand painted black for free...

I epoxy and siliconed the tank from the top and bottom and on the left side put in a new false bottom 1/4" 27-1/2" X 21-3/4" and a vertical 21-3/4" X 9" vertical that was siliconed in and is now watertight.

I plan on using this section as a planted water section with pygmy Corydoras a school of them a breeding paid of killifish

The main section will be a rainforest scape with a false bottom and triple layer substrate built up eggcrate for structure waterfall that cycles with the water section down to the bottom with a 10 gallon sump.

Then above the tank I plan to build a enclosure that will be above the tank 24" for a canopy section that will be screened in and have some air plants and wood and live vines.

Rainforest will have I hope a healthy colony of dart frogs, electric blue lizards williams?

Below the tank inside the stand I am planning a bearded dragon habitat that will be 8FT by 21" with three sliding glass doors sandfire X hopefully with 2 females and a male with plenty of rock space as well as live cactus

Pics to follow
sounds interesting. you say your going to put darts and lizards in the tank?
thats what I am planning, if darts are not gonna work, I am going to use red eyed tree frogs instead.

Right now I am more concerned with the construction when I have the materials on hand lol
ccfishkeeper Wrote:thats what I am planning, if darts are not gonna work, I am going to use red eyed tree frogs instead.

Right now I am more concerned with the construction when I have the materials on hand lol

Im pretty new to keeping darts but it would seem that darts and lizards in the same tank would be a bad idea?
I could be wrong.
Anyone that has more experience have darts and lizards together? how did it work out?