Dart Den

Full Version: Polymer Clay Vivarium ID tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was asked to post this on the site- so here goes!
Vivarium ID tags, made from Polymer clay, and coated in epoxy resin.
Each tag has a mini hand sculpted frogs head, and leaves/branches. The frog on the tag is representative of the frogs named on the label.
I'm asking $3.50 each tag- Shipping is $5 for all orders.
Each tag states the type of frog and lineage. I can also add import year or OOW dates if you would like.
Each tag measures 3 inches long, and is 3/4 of an inch tall. Can be glued or siliconed on the outside of the tank.
Here are some sample labels from previous orders:
[Image: Boondoggle.jpg]
I also have other froggy stuff I've made availible on my etsy page. If you want to order labels, feel free to message me!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamcatcer98
Awesome tags! How are they stuck to the vivs? Do you have magnet backs? or double sided tape?
These are great....very cool !
Thank you!
I simply used super LocTite super glue on mine. I haven't asked anyone else which method they decided to use. I thought about making some with magnets for those who wanted to stick them to their bakers racks instead of the tank directly though.

Thanks Phil!
I used double sided Velcro for mine. That way if I need to pull the tanks off the racks or something I can just pull the tag off without breaking it.
A few of the ones I currently have up

[Image: IMG_0921.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0924.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0922.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0923.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0925.jpg]
waiting to finish the benedicta and reticulata vivs before mounting those. Speaking of which I will need a tag for Uakarii. Picked up a pair spontaniously.
man, those look great on the viv.

and only $3.50 each ??!!

for artwork like that ?
Shhh I still need a few more Wink
Philsuma Wrote:man, those look great on the viv.

and only $3.50 each ??!!

for artwork like that ?

I've had a couple people say I should charge more, a couple say the are too expensive for a tag to stick on the front of the viv Smile Each tag takes around 45 min to complete. So they do take a decent amount of time, but I really enjoyed making these.

D3monic- your pictures are awesome! I'm jealous Smile
I wanted to update everyone on here.
Tags are $4.50 each now, flat rate shipping of $5.00 (Priority mail with insurance).
You can check them out on my Etsy store in my sig, or PM me.
I will donate a portion of all sales to TWI at the end of the year.