Dart Den

Full Version: I am getting a complete set up am I paying too much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really trading for it but I want to know if I am getting a fair deal. I am getting a 29 gallon tank, 6 different live plants. Cork bark background. 2 leucomelas frogs. I am not sure what else I need to ask about? Is this worth around $400?
hmmmm...tough to answer, but I'll give it a go:

29 Gallon fishtank. Petco and Petsmart both have 2 sales per year for - $1.00 per gallon on NEW tanks. I personally NEVER pay more than .50 cents a gallon for used tanks.

Terrarium plants - unless they are rare or spectacular, I sell them, started in spagnum for between $2.00 and $6.00 per cutting and perhaps double that for small potted plants.

Cork - $10-12.00

Dendrobates leucomelas:

Froglets - $20.00 - $30.00 each
Juveniles to subadults - $25.00- $40.00 each
Adults - $50.00 - $70.00 each
Proven Breeders - $80.00 - $125.00 each

you will have to do the math and KEEP in mind my estimates are just that - Estimates and OPINIONS. Its very hard for any of us to place a firm price of that combo of stuff, but personally, I think $400.00 may be a bit high.

Pics of the frogs and set-up would help A LOT.
Does it come with a light?
Is it drilled for drainage?
Solid glass lid, or vented?
Water feature?
Dont forget lighting too, adds a little to the price. Like Phil said, when it comes to a build, there are so many different directions the person building it can go, and depending on how creative the person is, the viv could be totally awesome, or it could be very ho-hum.
On the flip side. I see its your first post. I'd do a bunch of reading up real quick. Darts can live quite a long time, not sure where your at with herp keeping, but make sure your willing to sign up for the long haul, and have an idea on how to take care of them if you do take the trade.
I see Cindy got me first on the light, my post bounced back when I hit submit.
Derek
I have had many herps. I never have had frogs. I currently have a corn snake and a chameleon and a number of other animals that are furry. Lol. I found this site while I was doing research on the dart frogs.

Thank you for your help an comments.
No it does not come with a light. Has no water feature. He said it had a syphon system w a false bottom. Did not say any thing about the lid.