Dart Den

Full Version: Drugged up on energy drinks....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the last 3 weeks I've been in overdrive... training new employees and preparing for a HUGE contest (not the DD contest... Although that is HUGE too...) So I've been drinking Rockstar's and Redbulls for the last 3 weeks... My wife went out and bought these crystal light energy packets. Just add to water... Nasty tasting things if you ask me... But man I feel like I drank ROCKETFUEL.

kk that's all... Had to get that out of my system.
I drink, on average...2-4 shots of expresso a day and 5-6 cans of Red Bull a week.

No problem sleeping - has to be later than 1am, though.
Hmm... I think my girl has the same exact Crystal Lite stuff..... Might give it a shot!
Gotta be careful with that kind of stuff, in general. I'm pretty clean livin, dont drink much etc... but my 1 "addiction" is coffee. I can't stand it anymore. Don't like it, don't want it, can't get off of it. I got my first "caffeine migrane" 20 years ago almost. If I dont have it, watch out. Mind splitting, cold sweats, shakes, can't take the lights, can't take noise, I've even vommitted it's been that bad. If I don't have one at 8-9:00 at night, I wake up with one, and its 3 pm before I'm almost feeling right. I've gotten down to 1 cup (20 oz.) in the morning before, but if I have 1 cup in the afternoon, I'm right back at needing 2 cups again. Whats worse, is my morning routine is I get up, head out, first stop Speedway. If I dont have a cup of Speedway coffee, I literally am not right all day. So not only am I addicted to coffee, I have to have it from a particular chain of gas stations. When they change brands here at work, it took 2 weeks for me to "adjust" to the new brown water.

Hotels/vacations are the worste. I'm the guy you see in the hall at the hotel trying to balance 6 cups trying to unlock the door to the room....and when out of town, try finding a cup of joe at midnight when you dont know the neighborhood at the same time, knowing what the morning will bring if you dont..... I literally am scared to go to sleep if I dont have a cup before bed, and have waken up at 3 am to have a cup if i feel one coming on, and then, slowly, slowly i feel it go away. I have not found a "medication" yet that can touch it, prescription or over the counter.
my 10 cents Big Grin
It sneaks up on you, this "testimonial" is in no way at all exagerated. 100% the way it is.
Derek
I can't drink energy drinks at all anymore.
I'm a total Vanilla Coke addict, but we've been trying to be healthier here again. Right now we are drinking a lot of water, water flavored with Mio- We really like the Fruit Punch and Strawberry Watermelon, and I also drink the Crystal Light Energy Wild Strawberry.

Mio tastes better IMO. I am working my way back to just water with lemon
We've cut out just about everything, but water, as far as the wife and kids go. Its funny, but we went out to eat a bit ago and the restaurant had a bunch of different kinds of root beer, so I got 3 or 4 bottles for the kids, my 2 youngest didnt want anything to do with it.
Derek
A fresh green juice with kale, apples, parsley, and spinach will give you a burst of energy any time, as well as nourish your entire body with nutrients.
sounds...."yummy"....
I already cant get to sleep before 1-4 am and Im up by 6 so I couldnt imagine increasing my day with energy drinks. Im already additced to Mt. Dew and about 5000+ colories a day.

Michael
It really is delicious.....you don't taste the greens at all. Watch the documentary "Fat, sick, and nearly Dead" and you too may be juicing soon. This morning I made a pineapple, green zucchini, apple, and mango juice! We did not evolve, over millions of years, to eat things that come out of boxes from a grocery store.

Jona

Philsuma Wrote:sounds...."yummy"....