Dart Den

Full Version: Arguably the best Amphibian medical book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Amazon.com:

Amphibian Medicine and Captive Husbandry [Hardcover]
Kevin N. Wright (Author, Editor), Brent R. Whitaker (Author, Editor)

A little expensive....@ $150.00 but a MUST have IMO, especially for those wishing to maintain a large frog room and do their own fecal testing.

Product Description
Amphibian Medicine and Captive Husbandry is designed to introduce veterinary practitioners to the diagnosis and treatment of disease in captive amphibians. Although designed for the veterinary clinician, this text is an essential part of any herpetologist's library, covering various aspects of amphibian captive husbandry and propagation while providing a firm foundation that enables the reader to evaluate a given husbandry routine. The diagnosis of disease in amphibians by the application of basic clinicopathologic techniques is discussed. Infectious, metabolic, nutritional, neoplastic, and idiopathic disorders of amphibians are examined in detail. Fully illustrated, this volume contains 243 color pictures, 317 black and white figures, and 54 tables that enhance the usefulness of the text and will be of interest to zoos and aquariums with amphibian displays as well as to libraries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Details
Hardcover: 570 pages
Publisher: Krieger Pub Co; 1 edition (October 2001)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0894649175
ISBN-13: 978-0894649172
Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 8.8 x 1.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 4 pounds

http://www.amazon.com/Amphibian-Medicin ... 466&sr=1-1
A little dated but an excellent book still. It's always going to be in my working collection.

Highly recommend.
Cheapest I could find over here is about $200 without shipping, is it worth THAT much you reckon?
Thats more than the 16 other books still in my bookstore wishlist combined Confusedhock:

But having lots of books and admittedly only 1 that sfocuses on pdf's, i'm genuinely interested.
You are in Belgium ?

and yes...this book is a MUST have, IMO.
Yeah, from and in Belgium Smile
lol, ive been holding out on ordering what was in that wishlist because i'm getting cheap but oh well, biting the bullet on this one. Found only a couple pics online but from what ive seen, its pretty darn detailed.

Thanks for the advice, will check back once this one arrives!

edit: lol the $200 one gave me automated not available message even though i could order at first.
Guess i'll have to go with the second "cheapest" place at $271 ( Confusedhock: ) at my regular store
This one just arrived in the mail today, looks and feels solid as a brick to say the least :o